Recent Posts

Friday, December 4, 2009

Weekend plans

Desire to Inspire.

*long exhale*

The weekend. For us, it means two solid days of sweaty brows, aching arms, and a thin blue mist of curse words hanging in the air. And I will be nowhere near that glorious spa bath retreat above.

We're still working on The Pea's bedroom. The prepping of the walls took up most of the Thanksgiving holiday. We were able to get the ceiling painted and one wall papered before we had to call "Mercy!" The rest of the paper will go up this weekend and I have faith that LB will get the light fixture re-wired and installed (he's fab with anything electrical).

So what this means for you, Dumplings, is the long-promised reveal of The Pea's bedroom should be Sunday or Monday. A couple of items for the guest room are due to arrive next week, so (fingers crossed) you will have double the makeover reveals - WHEE!

What are you Darlin' Dumplings up to this weekend?

8 comments:

susieq said...

Oh I love that ole blog ESP -- wish we could do it even more often.

I'm so impressed that you do the wallpaper hanging yourself. And that Larry is a whiz at electrical stuff. Can't wait to see the big reveal!

susieq said...

Oh! And what are we up to? We're going to Bethlehem to see the baby Jesus! Well, a plastic doll Jesus. Yep, it's our tradition to go to a local church's "Bethlehem" and drink hot chocolate and sing carols. And Atlanta might be getting snow tonight!

erin@designcrisis said...

Not much going on this weekend. Entertaining the inlaws and hopefully sleeping in. Oh, and watching a precious few snowflakes swirl around outside. In Austin. Will wonders never cease?

David said...

Packing up and moving out of the workshop and into the basement. Then if there's any time left, and I'm not confident there will be, some wallpaper stripping. Can't wait for the reveal. I hope you bought The Pea a sassy new outfit for the photo shoot!

Alicia B. Designs said...

oo! Can't wait to see how it turns out--The Pea is a lucky little lady.

I'm off to visit my friends in Philly and meet their new baby! So excited.

nkp said...

Ooooooooh, so that's what that thin blue mist is snaking its way around my house...and I thought it was just the dog being impolite. ;0)

Good to know diy projects yield similar results in your home as they do in ours.

We have the Mister's 37th birthday shindig to attend. He and his best friend's wife share the same b-day. So a big soiree is in store.

I can't wait to see the final outcome of your projects!

kate salenfriend said...

can't wait to see the big change! Your new place is fabulous and so fun to keep abreast of the whats happening now.
This weekend- working on front yard landscaping and making a side walk-way accessible. I'm all about using every square foot! Best weather to work out doors in Napa- clay soil can be dug into and the weather is brisk!

Sol Kawage said...

Raina I will come to you when I decide to wallpaper my sons' room.
I can't wait to see the Pea's room in all its new splendor. SHe's one lucky girl!
My weekend is being spent recovering from a sore back, thanks to taking my 24 pound baby out of the crib.