Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

White House decorations unveiled

So...the White House Christmas decorations. Yeah.

Oh man, when it was announced yesterday that Simon Doonan, my fantasy GBF and the elfish creator of visual merchandising magic at Barneys, was heading up the White House holiday decorating I was SO EXCITED at the possibility of a truly fashionable Christmas at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

All I can think is that Decorator-in-Chief Michael S. Smith has some very damaging info he is holding over Doonan's head. Because this looks much more like Smith's handiwork than my darling Simon's.

The most beautiful part of today's announcement. I lurf her so much.

Dumplings, what are your thoughts?

[The Associated Press]

13 comments:

nkp said...

Meh. It's ok, but just ok. Not that I am particularly qualified to judge Christmas decorations, but I would never have guessed this was Doonan's handiwork. Snooze.

Ok, now this is reeeally weird. I just typed in the W/V, which is "mugsm.". I'm using my iPhone and it self corrects typos. So instead of "mugsm," it substitued "KUGEL." Seriously, I kid you not!

Raina Cox said...

The universe wants you to make that chocolate kugel immediamente.

karly / design-crisis.com said...

i want to like them, i really really do, but, well... blah..

wool and misc said...

NO JA ornaments?!?!? Total let down.

erin@designcrisis said...

Sadly understated. I expected glitter and spice and everything nice. Boo.

Robin said...

Maybe once they put the kibosh on his planned display of Dick Cheney in drag spanking Sarah Palin with mistletoe he gave up and said "just stick some bows on it."

PS- I adore the color of her dress.

Anita Davis said...

bor-ing.
looks like something even i could've done in my sleep.

Karena said...

I'm sorry, not that impressed with the decor. Michelle always looks great/ not sure I am thrilled with her husband at this point. Sorry to get political!

Raina Cox said...

Robin - You get the Gold Star Comment of the Day Award.

Karena - I'm not that thrilled with him either. SHE can do no wrong.

Kate said...

how very disappointing....

Alicia B. Designs said...

Okay I love it BUT it's not what I would expect from my love Doonan.

lucitebox said...

Damn. I thought he'd do vintage aluminum trees. He couldn't have had much to do with this decor. Where's all the glitter?

Jamie said...

I just read that they reused ornaments from previous years. Although I am disappointed at the look of these decorations, I love the idea that they recycled.