Recent Posts

Thursday, December 31, 2009

You need new tables

Confession time. I spend more time in Target than I do with my toddler. Give me a Magic Red Cart and I will happily wander the aisles for hours. And the website - don't get me started.

Yesterday, I checked out Target's online coffee and end table selection and was shocked - shocked I tell ya - at the some of the contemporary offerings. Allow me to introduce you to a few fantastically-priced beauties...

The unfortunately-named Beyonce, $159.99. Black oak and steel.
T'would make a fab nightstand.

The Yield, $139.99. Black glass (!) and chrome.
Use two together for maximum impact.

The Scottsdale in Black/Orange, $99.99. Faux leather. Fo' sho!

Gold Leaf side table, $169.99. Antiqued glass top, Kelly Wearstler-approved.

Pixilated pedestal table, on clearance for $14.98. Yes, $14.98!

Stefano nesting tables, $199.99. Black acrylic 70s hotness.

The Anouk table, $140.99. Acrylic and an "interpretation" of
Karim Rashid's $250 Magino stool. I'm thinking of using two
in our master bedroom as updated tea tables.

Bonus - spend $125 and receive 15% off your order AND many of these qualify for free shipping!

14 comments:

House of Slappy said...

Ummm, do you think anyone would suspect anything if I put one of these on my baby registry at Target???

Sandy said...

Loving the Gold side table and the Anouk table. So jealous of you. Target here in Australia is devoid of this level of stylishness.

susieq said...

I love love love the gold one! Might just buy it too.

Raina Cox said...

HOS - It would be for the nursery (but find its way to the living room), so YES!

Keri Batchelder Hoffman said...

I bought the coffee table version of that last acrylic table at overstock, they have the stool for $109.99.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Alec-Acrylic-Stool-End-Table/2929529/product.html

These are some great tables!

Raina Cox said...

Keri - EXCELLENT sourcing! Thanks for the tip.

fromtherightbank.com said...

Shut up, that is NOT called the Beyonce. Seriously? Still I think I need to be shopping more at Target. The hubby would probably appreciate that give the hit our bank account has taken of late(!) Happy New Year to you and the whole family! I can't wait for another year of La Lampshade!

drollgirl said...

the BEYONCE table?!?!? well, thank you for that as it made me honk out loud!!!!!!

but target is super, and i have never really considered buying furniture from them. boy, have i missed the boat!!! thanks for the tips, and happy new year to you and your family!

Alisa said...

I love these tables, but I avoid buying glass tables now, the cleaning and dusting is nonstop, I have 3 class and steel tables, I love them but they are a pain!

Happy New year!

David said...

I'm off-topic. Happy new year to you and LB and The Pea, Raina. (and Kitty too!) Glad you're back home and settled in that sweet house, and I'm hoping the new year is nothing but deliciousness for all of you.

Anita Davis said...

(Off topic, like David) --
Happy New Year to you, The Pea and LB. All the best for you in 2010!!
xoxoxoxo!!

Raina Cox said...

Alisa - Hello to you and welcome to this deliciousness!

wool and misc said...

black glass?! oh, and those nesting tables are pure yum.

erin@designcrisis said...

Just another reason for me to spend more time cruising Target...