Recent Posts

Monday, January 11, 2010

Craigslist just got easier

Craigslist decorating - remember when containers of grass were chic?

There is a goddess who walks amongst us and her name is Karly Hand. Yesterday, she sent me a link to a widget that allows you to view Craigslist photos à la eBay.

My life is FOREVER CHANGED.

Scrolling through the sofa choices, I found some absolute standouts...

The mouth-breather of the furniture world.

Um...is that thing molting?

Why you should never channel tuft a large pattern.

Bom-chicka-wah-wah. Anyone game for some blacklight fun?

You know this thing smells like cheetos, spilled beer, and farts.

If these fake Togos were in any other color, I would have been
on them like Tiger Woods on a Denny's waitress.

For some true Craigslist finds (in the Atlanta area), try Susie Q's weekly List Love over at Eye Spy.

13 comments:

susieq said...

Raina, thank you so much for the shout out! There are some super things on our list right now! And ooooh, Karly! Nice. Use this widget quickly, because the über possessive Craigslist people usually shuts down these 3rd-party apps pronto-like. Those sofas are so funny! We've got the same exact ones on Atlanta’s Craigslist -- especially the puffy cheeto-beer-fart sectional. The same fat guys are dumping their king-sized waterbed headboards too. There are a glut of them on the list these day. I keep meaning to post a "worst of" list. Right at the top would be Liberator sex furniture and stripper poles. “Like new!” Beyond ick.

Alicia B. Designs said...

I don't think I'll ever buy a sofa on craigs list b/c of one word. fart. Thanks.

Raina Cox said...

Alicia - You don't even want to hear what my husband said about the Bom-Chicka-Wah-Wah sofa.

nkp said...

Hey now, don't you go telling the whole wide world about Susie's stupendous finds. Didn't you know she puts those round-ups together specifically for me? ;0)

Thanks for the widget link. Off to check it out!

amy @ switz~art said...

oh my stomach...i'm gonna have abs of steels with your funnier posts...good one, raina!

erin@designcrisis said...

If CL shuts down this widget, I might just lose what little is left of my mind...

CRAIGSLIST, PLEASE DON'T TAKE AWAY MY LIFE!

Suzy Parker LaCroix said...

Whoa. Downloading widget, see everyone in a week!

Risley said...

OMG!! too funny!!

sherri said...

brilliant sofa commentary, my dear.
mouth-breathing and molting, in particular.

Karena said...

Lovely just Lovely, do people think these will actually sell!?!

karly / design-crisis.com said...

Thanks for the love! This is the first I've come up for air since downloading the widget myself.

Sarah @ Maison Boheme said...

Laughing my ass off. "Tiger Woods on a Denny's waitress" and "mouth breather of the furniture world"? Hilarious. You are hilarious!

Raina Cox said...

Sarah - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!