Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Do not adjust your picture


Jonny Johansson, head designer of Stockholm-based Acne Jeans, is launching a singular collection of furnishings. Having started out in furniture design, the multi-talented Swede returns to his first love citing the influence of Carl Malmsten's designs and the Swedish Grace period of the 1920s. Johansson plays with classic forms on a computer stretching the shapes into almost cartoonish proportions. The Gumby-ed creations are then upholstered in various shades of bleached Acne denim.

Carl Malmsten sofa, 1960s.

Pair of Swedish Grace period chairs.

Dumplings, what think you of Johansson's "proportion studies"?

[Vogue magazine's Style File blog]

5 comments:

nkp said...

Meh, I don't love it.

karly / design-crisis.com said...

I don't want it in my house, but i do like the idea of it.

Anita Davis said...

i think my biggest objection is that they don't look comfortable. I want to be able to park my ass on something comfortable!

Robin said...

He sucks at Photoshop.

erin@designcrisis said...

I think I'd need an ass as skinny as Anna Wintour's to sit on that couch, and that's not happening.