Recent Posts

Monday, January 25, 2010

Fornasetti dream machine

Thought Piero Fornasetti only made whimsical tables and fantastic bureaus? Think again. The artist had two vehicles customized for local deliveries around Milan, Italy. The second of which (below) is now up for sale on eBay.

"Lari Store, a Milan-based eBay dealer in vintage Fornasetti, is now offering the car, which is currently housed in a garage in nearby Brescia. Via e-mail, the seller (using the pseudonym Rita) reported that the 280TE has a mere 75,000 kilometers on it and has an automatic transmission, but mechanical troubles with the 2.8-liter, straight-six engine would require a trip to the garage."

For US$9000 and the cost of overseas shipping, you could be behind the wheel of a Fornasetti. That's a bit less than what a vintage screen by the maestro will set you back.

[The New York Times T Magazine The Moment blog]

4 comments:

only a movie said...

Wow

nkp said...

That's pretty damn cool. My aunt had a powder blue station wagon just like that when I was a kid. Minus the provenance, of course.

Jamie said...

I can only imagine how often I would get asked when I was going to get my car painted to get rid of the weird paint job. Cool find!

erin@designcrisis said...

I love it!!!! But I wish it came in black and white...