Recent Posts

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why I love blogging

I meet the best people via Teh Bloggin'. Case in point: I had a most fabulous afternoon with Jamie Foley of Sanctuary Home. We met for the first time today, enjoying a too tasty lunch at a new-to-me locally-owned pizza joint.

We then checked out a couple of used furniture places that ranked fairly high on the skeeve-o-meter but were fun to dig through. Jamie introduced me to the drool-inducing Studio Como with sofas priced higher than a Honda.

Time ran out before we could hit the 100 or so other places on our list, so we planned to make a second decorating date. I can't wait!

Thank you, oh Benevolent Blogosphere.

11 comments:

Alexis said...

Fun!

Paul Anater said...

My mind reels when I start thinking of all the cool stuff blogging's brought into my life. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Isn't great to meet up with someone you already "know" through the blogopshere?

Keri Batchelder Hoffman said...

your blog needs a "Like" button! me like

drollgirl said...

right ON! that is so cool!

sherri said...

Sounds like a lovely day. I'd really enjoy furniture shopping with you one day, I'd love to hear all of your design commentary in person.

sanctuaryhome said...

I was awesome to meet the phenomenal woman behind "If The Lampshade Fits". I agree that blogging has been an incredibly rewarding experience for me, has focused my design voice and brought some fun people into my life!

david john said...

raina, i totally feel the same. i've met so many amazing people through my blog, and friends that i've yet to meet in person too.

here's to many more friendships, and to more obsessive blogging :)

david john

karly / design-crisis.com said...

So erin and I have rivals in the blogosphere? Humph. Ok, Ok, I guess you're allowed to have some local buddies.

Please make note of the super best shops so I can check them out when I finally make my way to Denver

erin@designcrisis said...

I guess KP and I can share Raina, but only if we're invited to shop with you ladies when we come to town.

griffo68 said...

One day we will meet Raina for a good old gossip and raid a few shops along the way...

I love Blogland!

susieq said...

I'm with Erin! I'm a little jealous! ;-) Yep, you nailed it. New decor-obsessed friends are the best!