Recent Posts

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oh honey, no, just no

I loves Bryan Batt, God knows I do, but I'll kill him dead fo' I let him* stake his future on crap projects. My beloved Sal won't be returning to "Mad Men" and even though Batt owns a home furnishings store in New Orleans, he's cashing a quick check for signing off on this shite.

"The Hef" loveseat, a collaboration between Batt and Playboy Enterprises, is a limited edition of 50 pieces. Manufactured by Brownstone Furniture [who?], it features gray mohair upholstery, nail head detailing, rosewood side panels and will set you back 15,000 smack-a-roos.

But wait - before your eyeballs roll back into your brain cavity - each loveseat is signed by the Crypt Keeper himself, Hugh Hefner. Oh well then, that price is most certainly justified.

[The Luxist]

*Seriously - how awesome was Oprah in "The Color Purple"?

7 comments:

Paul Anater said...

Hell to the no indeed. Oh Sal, I'm disappointed. He needs to take his Bye Bye Birdie act on the road if you ask me.

Camilla @ Designalogue Blog said...

Oh, he just looks quite uncomfortable. I hope its because he is being eyed off by the rabbits rather than a comment on the comfort of his $15k sofa.

Robin said...

Whew, it's just a sofa. I thought you were going to say he signed a deal to star in a biopic of Hef's life. You know, the kind of poorly written crap that never dies because it ends up "world premiering" on Lifetime or some such every 6 months for the next 10 years.

hello gorgeous said...

Man's gotta make a living. I'm disappointed he isn't coming back to MM but can't say I'm surprised.

Mohair? I'm surprised it's not a more, um, absorbent material.

susieq said...

No, Sal, no. Yuck.

erin@designcrisis said...

He's not coming back? Boo. And that is one uncomfortable looking couch.

Designers' Brew said...

HG--you wanna be able to wipe it off, not let it sink in!