Recent Posts

Monday, February 1, 2010

WPP - Closet edition

Just when I think an Apartment Therapy post couldn't get any more simplistic or banal, they go and throw laundry in my face. Or more specifically "How to Put Your Clothes Away Each Day." Each evening, the post author counts "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, ..." while she folds the day's ensemble as a meditative way to tidy her bedroom.

Really? Really?

Because I usually belt out OG hip hop lyrics emphasizing the exceptionally foul language with a hip thrust when tossing my laundry in the hamper.

Jeez Louise, AT. I know y'all try to crank out 837 posts a day, but damn. This one is borderline crazypants.

P.S. Speaking of OG hip hop lyrics, you simply must check out today's Design Crisis post. It is perhaps the best interiors post of the New Year.

11 comments:

erin@designcrisis said...

*Blushing*

Thank you thank you for the shout out!

And who puts their clothes away EVERY day? Sheesh.

Ok, maybe that's just me...

Paul Anater said...

Pardon my mouth here but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST Apartment Therapy works my last nerve. At least the author used first person singular instead of the AT style royal we. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Raina Cox said...

Paul - I pledge my troth to you.

Paul Anater said...

'Zat troth come with a dowery? I'll take it.

maison21 said...

oh shit- i'm shocked paul even speaks to me since every post outta my keyboard is authored with a "royal we".

as for the folding of the clothes, we think the counting of the mississippi's is for sissies. i have a large enameled steel box in my laundry for clothes storage- why fold when you can simply fluff?

Paul Anater said...

Well as I've told you Christian, you've earned the use of the royal we. The whipper snappers at AT haven't.

Teri said...

That's more instruction then I give my children on putting their clothes away.

Put your clothes away, don't put your clothes away- your choice. But instructions to adults on how to do it, good heavens!

And, if this is meditation- someone obviously needs more alcohol in their life.

Kate said...

oh Gawd, I haven't even made it over to AT, cause I had to go look at the "best interiors post of the New Year" according to Raina, and what did she comment on? Snoop's wang, and did I go there? But of course.
Love ya Raina, you made my day!

nkp said...

Jeez is right.

ChrisToronto said...

God bless you, Raina!
AT is what got me hooked on the decor blogosphere but I gave up on them months ago; the posts are too shallow, the "we" voice makes me crazy and there's all those nutty duplications as their bloggers trip over each other trying to "bring it." My preference is for less of more.

Jamie said...

I am exactly like ChrisToronto - AT was my introduction to design blogs, but I very rarely stop by there these days. Too much of a marketing machine, too much advertising, and too much trivial crap. I did learn how to fold a T-shirt from them about a year ago!