Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Is it hot in here or is it just me?

Today, Denver broke a 139-year-old record with a sunny temperature of 82 degrees. I was here when it happened - picnicking on the grounds of the Museum of Nature and Science in City Park. My buddy Jen and I took our kidlets for some quality learnin' time amongst the dead bugs and the bison dioramas.

Today is LB's birthday and we dined here for the first time:

If you are a carnivore and enjoy the most solicitous of dinner services, you can do no better than Fogo de Chão. I would expound on the bounty of the continuous meat offerings and the synapse-collapsing pão de queijo (warm cheese bread), but I am drunk, sunburned, and need to give my man some lovin'.

Good night, Dumplings, and the sweetest of dreams...

18 comments:

Jamie said...

I was wondering how hot it was today, the display in my car said 80 at 4:45, I thought it must have been an error. It was sure a toasty one!

Happy Birthday to LB! Fogo de Chao = glutinous yumm!

ticklishfromadistance said...

Happy Birthday LB! Sounds like the heat is carrying on into the wee hours....
xoxoxox
g.

susieq said...

Happy birthday LB! Celebrate well!

You just had a blizzard like yesterday. Whats up with crazy Denver?

ChrisToronto said...

Now that's my idea of Daily Deliciousness!

Anita Davis said...

happy birthday, lb!
sounds like an all around fantastic day! (warm cheese bread and meat makes any day fantastic.)

A Perfect Gray said...

a friend told me about foco de chao - sounds amazing.....

hello gorgeous said...

No, baby, it's you...

Ha.

And I see unleavened bread day is over.

:-)

amy @ switz~art said...

oh, you make me smile & laugh so! haha!

a big ol' happy birthday to LB! woohoo!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Happy birthday, LB!!!

Keri Batchelder Hoffman said...

You were right by my house! Next time please stop by and see the work in progress.

nkp said...

Happy belated birthday LB!!!!! Sounds like it was an all around wonderful day!

my favorite and my best said...

HB LB!!
we have one of those fogo de chao's here too. never been, but i will now.

erin@designcrisis said...

Happy birthday, LB!

Sounds like the real present is soon to come...

drollgirl said...

dude. you are living the life out there in the rockies! 82?! that is warmer than it has been in los angeles lately!

i think i am going to co for a quick trip this summer. whee!

David said...

I liked Fogo when we went, but I need to not eat for about a week prior.

I can't believe you didn't mention the bbq boys sexy boots!

Raina Cox said...

David - And their puffy pants!

Jordana said...

Denver...I'm heading over at the end of April. Not sure what to do, where to go, what to buy! I'm excited to read more about it on your blog!
-Jordana

Raina Cox said...

Jordana - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

I just sent you an email. We'll put our heads together and come up with a fabulous itinerary for you!