Recent Posts

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Liberty of London - my haul

Dumplings, you know I was up at the crack of dawn with visions of acid bright British florals dancing in my head. Because today is the glorious nationwide unveiling of Liberty of London for Target. Some lucky ducks had the merchandise in-store a few days early (as Jamie let me know via hot text yesterday morning). The south Denver stores were still unpacking their items this morning. I hit the Lone Tree SuperTarget first thinking they'd have everything set and beautiful for my arrival. Um, yeah, no. The Arapahoe location had even less.

I eavesdropped on the associates' conversations as they were stocking the shelves, and they were cracking me up:

Woman associate 1: "I heard some of the other stores in town put their stuff out early and it SOLD OUT!"
Woman associate 2: "Why? How did they hear about it? Was it on Oprah?"

Dude associate 1: "Why the big rush for us to get this stuff out this morning?"
Dude associate 2: "I dunno."
Dude associate 1: "Well, I can see why it's labeled 'LOL' [Liberty of London] - it's hideous!"

The women's items seem pretty true to size, and I picked up the Royal Print Swim Cover-up and the Dunclare Print Ruffle Neck Top. The swimwear is fairly high-priced for Target - $20 per top and bottom piece.

In the Intimates department, I found the Pink/Cream Floral Robe, which is really more of a sheer wrap I plan to wear over a tee, and the Maddsie C and Martha Grace Babydoll, which will look too cute with a little cardigan and jeans.

The toddler girls' selection was fab but there was only one piece per size. It runs small so I bought 4T in everything. I scooped up the Martha Romper and the Sixty Dress.

I also grabbed the Royal Print Swimsuit, the Mark Romper, and the Royal Print Dress.

The housewares were adorable, just not my personal decorating style. I did find a throw pillow for Pea's room (see above). Many of the home decor items, including all of the pillows, are sold out online, so I would suggest you hightail it to your local Tar-zhay if you want anything from that part of the collection. The bedding and the lamp shades, in particular, are quite fantastic. I'll be going back later to see if they have the wallets, bags, and scarves out yet.

Was anyone else bitten by the Liberty bug this morning?

23 comments:

erin@designcrisis said...

Lurve the wrap and cami, and the Pea's goodies. I never get to go to Target. Life is so unfair.

The Shiny Pebble said...

Doing yard work this morning... I bet they'll have cute garden stuff (clogs and gloves...) Must ck it out.

Keri Batchelder Hoffman said...

Is this going to be a one time shot or will they restock? I hate feeling like I'm going to miss out.

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

Bah! No Target in Canada. Nice to live vicariously though. :)

Marija said...

Not until I saw that robe that you plan to wear as a tee!!! Don't worry, I will let you know in advance if I am wearing mine so we don't look like twins ;) Marija

Jamie said...

I was imagining the Pea in the cute little wellies I saw on an end cap yesterday. I love your haul!

my favorite and my best said...

i posted my purchases this morning as well. we got a few of the same things.

only a movie said...

I was on the hunt for bedding and it was sold out in our store. Lovely stuff - I especially like what you picked out for the Pea.

David said...

Ok I didn't realize there were things for the boys too. Might have to head out for the hibiscus boxers.

Juliet said...

Hey, I was looking to see who else may have posted about this today. My story is on my site...The housewares were near gone, and the employees were exhausted but still putting things out at 11 am.

J said...

I bought two of the sateen shift dresses at the store today...They're really gorgeous, though the sizing was a bit large. I just went smaller. I think at least one of them is still available online, and I'd really recommend them!

Raina Cox said...

Keri - I have no idea if Target will restock, but they would be fools not to.

Jamie - The wellies were too big, they didn't offer toddler sizes. :(

David - I wish LB would be open to a Liberty shirt or two, but he thinks J.Crew is "fancy."

Juliet and J - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

amy @ switz~art said...

I am pissed. We do not have a Target. This has to change immediately! :-) However, I could make a run for the border...this stuff is awesome! And that pink robe/wrap...as soon as I saw it I thought it would be something I would wear our & about too! Great midns think alike.

susieq said...

Love it all! Mid-afternoon, I remembered today's date and immediately went online. I badly want the throw pillows for Isabel's room. Sold out. Gone. Damn.

chittychittybangkok said...

No Target in Bangkok and it kills me daily. As soon as I come home I'm running to the nearest one ASAP.

Regarding the bathing suit prices, that is actually typical of Target's price. I bought a bathing suit there in December and it was $20 each for top and bottom. Ridiculous price, but since Thai women's waists are the size of my big toe, there is no way I can buy one here.

ita darling. said...

I have already been to target three times. I bought and returned quilts and shams (overexcited i'm quite sure), bought the same tunic/coverup but in the black and white colorway. I truly dislike ruffles and i quite dislike polyester chiffon- so i was jealous at most of the simple unaffected faux fashion forward fares for the tots and wished they had concocted more cotton fare for the grown folks. tried on the swim suits, but failed to pull the trigger (though the quality was quite nice). I bought the peacock picture frame (i haven't bought or used a picture frame in YEARS but i figgered the recent voyage to india might need to be documented outside the digital format).... hmm what else.. the smae nighty as you (also considered for outerwear) a few of the bras and panties (contingent upon fitting the tatas of course and subject to return) a pair of boxers for the mister... annnnd that's it.. I did spy a collapsible garden tote for the yard that would make an excellent laundry bag (in the b/w floral colourway with pink trim- could be good for the peas boudoir!) i'm with you in that i don't decorate with florals or pastels so most of it just won't fly- a pity b/c i have been collecting vintage liberty for YEARS - primarily wool challis shawls and tana lawn blouses- and once again a target capsule collection has disappointed a bit. my expectations are always a little high.

fun post!

ita darling. said...

oh jeez that made little sense. sorry for posting thoughts drunk. seriously. i should be more schmesponsible.

Susan said...

Thanks for telling us about the associates' comments. Very funny. They must not read the blogs!

Raina Cox said...

ChittyChittyBangkok and Susan - Hello to you both and welcome to this deliciousness!

Ita - I love that you were toasting your shopping success! I have a little buyer's remorse this morning and may be returning a few things.

nkp said...

I love the things you picked for The Pea. Those were my favorites in person as well. Sadly, nothing for the boys, but I called my cousin and told her to high tail it to Target after work and grab some goodies for my nieces. I got the very same cover-up, but in general was disappointed with the quality of the women's wear.

Teri said...

I am so glad that you got Pea that dress!!! I was trying to think of a little girl I could buy it for, because my daughter is a size 7 now!

It totally didn't click that yesterday was THE DAY. I had to run to target for a prescription and just happened to notice some of the stuff out. Of course, I was in a hurry and my son was toe tapping. I got a lamp shade and am in complete love.

I am so going back today.

Debi said...

Funny - at our Target on Monday they were still just putting up some of the displays. Guess we are a tad behind. Going back soon to check all out more fully.

Leigh Chandler said...

I love it all! Especially the pillow for the Pea's room, it is perfect! I'll have to check out my local store!