Recent Posts

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The FauxGo has landed

This beautiful beast arrived at my house yesterday. I know y'all are thinking "Yay, Raina finally got her Togo!" Well, almost.

It's a FauxGo and to look at it you cannot tell the difference. It does sit a bit firm and I have no idea how it will hold up compared to the Ligne Roset original. But it's going in my master bedroom, so I don't really care. It's not like I do a lot of entertaining up there. Usually.

Onto the deets - it comes in four colors (mine is the "Dana Mocha") and costs $488 including free shipping. Guuurl, I KNOW! Is that crazypants or what? The catch is it actually takes 8-10 weeks to deliver, not the 3-5 days as promised on the website.

I'm still waiting for a lamp and a chair to complete the grouping. I will post the deliciousness (oh, and it is delicious) when everything is here.

20 comments:

The Shiny Pebble said...

It looks like your house is shaping up quite well. Good thing, because that should free up some of your time to do your calling: full time interior design. What say you? The design world needs you back.

ModFruGal said...

Shazam! That's some VERY exciting find you got there...can't wait to see it in situ....

David said...

Your knockoff is a knockout!

design traveller said...

so you have a grand plan...god luck!

erin@designcrisis said...

So envious!

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

looks super comfy--I'm sure everyone will want to give it a try!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

I have never heard of this, but of course now I am super curious and hopeful you will post!

Tonia {Chic Modern Vintage} said...

I can't wait to see it!

DREAMER'S DEN said...

i'd like to be entertained. ;)

Karena said...

I would espect no less after ssing your livingroom well look out! By the way it looks like you have a taker! Dreamer above!

Kate said...

Score!

Steph said...

$488...that's bananas! Great find!

Cashon&Co said...

me likey!

design traveller said...

I do agree about Urquiola's designs. She always amazes me.

Raina Cox said...

Steph - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

nkp said...

That little blip over there on the right --------------------------->
'bout damn time, I say. One suggestion, it needs its own post. Although, be forewarned, you might be completely overwhelmed when the masses come a runnin'! (at which time you may want to take on an apprentice to carry your fabric samples and such, hello-that's me volunteering!)

;0)

The Subtle Rudder said...

Okay, I MUST know. You say it sits a little stiff. Is this something you'd recommend for a cushy sesh with your DVR, or it more of a look-cute, sit-short situation??

Thanks for the straight skinny...

www.thesubtlerudder.com

Raina Cox said...

The Subtle Rudder - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

The FauxGo is definitely firm, nowhere near as squishy as the real thing. It may loosen up with time.

Jeannine @ Small and Chic said...

Raina, there's a couple on Battle on the Block on HGTV right now and they have TWO orange Togos in their living room. I thought of you as soon as I saw them. :)

Shannon said...

I have been looking at this to replace my current modern piece I picked up while living in NYC. But sadly have not since I cant actually sit on it prior to buying here in Denver. So please post if the firmness lets up.