Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My name is Raina and I'm addicted to poufs

No, not these poofs though I do love them dearly.

I'm talking about my addiction to wee footstools and ottomans and luxurious floor pillows. This is the start of my outdoor ode to Marrakech.

The 8x10 jute rug was a floor sample from West Elm, originally $229 marked down to $49. The Sari Square pouf and basket stools (no longer available) are from Pier 1. The turquoise garden stool I found at Target for $45. Also from T-Heaven are the two leather-esque poufs. I was most excited about this find because I was dying for some leather ottomans out here but was concerned about exposure to the elements. They are pleather and $39 each. Done and done!

A reminder of my inspiration photos:




And of our patio:


I've found some fab lounge seating and am now waiting for a sale/coupon/incentive to pop up:

The Chesapeake Platform sectional from Pottery Barn (I know, I know - a mea culpa is in order).

I'm also getting two of Pier 1's Nirobi [sic] chairs and an ottoman.

If I can't find a vintage coffee table I like, I will order the Strap bench from CB2. I like the idea of every surface being available for seating.

And I've settled on this hanging chair from Pier 1. Thanks to Design Junkie for the heads up!

Now, I'm not sure how quickly this will all come together. I loathe paying full retail, so I may have to wait another month or two for some of these items to go on sale. I will keep you Dumplings updated...

17 comments:

Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

good for you for having the resolve to wait for things to go on sale! i don't know that i could do it but especially with such big investments it's a great idea to hold out. love your inspiration and share your obsession with poufs! your space is going to be divine.

Marija said...

Love where you're going! You're right, the patio turned out awesome and I think if it were mine, I'd be out there all the time. I'm envious of the size. Pottery Barn is back in a big way...I predict a serious West Elm backlash. Trade discount for that stuff is decent so if you don't have it already, go that route. By the time it's on sale, it will likely be gone....

Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage said...

I'm sure that it will be the same fabulous as the rest of your home that you have completed. I can't wait to see. Unlike myself, I'm all over the dayum place.

my favorite and my best said...

oh boy oh boy...i need something minty and herbal and a long cigarette and a tunic...

sherri said...

can I just say again how I love your pad? And what your are doing with it? !!!

lucitebox said...

Of course you're addicted to poufs! You're a laaay-dee and you like laaay-deeee things!

Tara Dillard said...

Beware of 'sets' for the patio and everything 'new'.

Do include something fabulous, and, OLD.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Naomi@ThirteenandSouth said...

pooftastic!

love your ideas- just enough matchy and eclectic.

and yes, you are more patient than I.

Jill said...

PPP...pillow purchasing problem...which my husband has diagnosed me with. Can also be pouf purchasing problem. We could start our own self-help group.

Yana said...

ooh my mom owns those fab little fake leather poufs. They are tres chic!

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

love the seating you've selected, like the darker tones.

and i have a monster crush on david walliams. and i mean monster!

Raina Cox said...

Jules - I'm with you on the David Walliams crush. I was heartbroken when he got married last week and to a supermodel no less.

nkp said...

IT'S ALL SO AWESOME!!! Yes, I'm shouting, sorry. I love all of your choices, purchased and anticipated. Those pleather poufs are such a fantastic alternative. I have a wee bit of a pouf, floor pillow, ceramic stool addiction as well. And that's just fine with me. :0)

Cashon&Co said...

that first photo made me laugh "guffaw" really aloud!
those patios are amazing

Michelle said...

You are my television soul mate, Dr. Who, now Little Brittan...oh boy, you have gooooood taste...cuz your a lady!!!!

erin@designcrisis said...

Looks like I need to get to a Pier 1, stat!

Excellent choices, all around.

Raina Cox said...

Michelle - If you tell me you like "Ashes to Ashes" as well, I think we should get married.