Recent Posts

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Auntie Meme

Sherri, benevolent overlordess of The Claw, has tagged me for a meme called "The Great Eight." She has asked eight probing personal questions. Four of them are music-related which will come as no great surprise to anyone who reads her blog. Sherri has forgotten more about music than I will ever know in my lifetime. On with the deep probing...

1. Best news you've heard in a while?

One of my new BFFs, Susie, is coming for a visit next month. Hijinks to ensue.

2. First concert you ever saw?

Rick Springfield in 1982. I still have the ticket stub.
Is he wearing Revlon's "Cherries in the Snow"?

3. Who was your teenybopper crush?

Shaun Cassidy - I wore my "Da Doo Ron Ron" 45 out and even had a pair of "Hardy Boys" bell bottoms.

4. Favorite new blogs you'd recommend?

Bad Words is a reboot of a truly great blog. One fantastic writer Mom and her two adorable kidlets. She's the next Erma Bombeck.

5. Would you be interested in a bloggy pal meetup, and if so where do you suggest?

You know I LOVE a bloggy meet-up. See Atlanta, here and here, and Austin, here. I think we need to start our own BlogGirlz convention - invitation only. I like Jenny's idea of taking over The Parker in Palm Springs.

6. "Total Eclipse of the Heart" - crank up or change the station?

CRANK. IT. UP.

7. Currently reading?


A boatload of delicious overseas shelter magazines sent to me by Sol of Uauagè and Jane of My Pear Tree House.

8. Karaoke - yes or no?

Um, no.

23 comments:

susieq said...

Oh, shit. I saw my photo and freaked. But, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! Counting the minutes!

Paul Anater said...

Raina you just eliminated all competitors for The Greatest Headline Ever. I am awed by your wit. Awed.

Tonia @Chic Modern Vintage said...

I'm in awe too, So when is the Austin trip?

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Bad Words is one of my favs too.

Jane said...

I read this post 4 hours ago and I have come back to tell you that "Jessie's Girl' has been going round and round in my brain ever since.

Arrrgghhh.

What a catchy song. And I agree that is clearly lip gloss on those lips.

Raina Cox said...

Paul - Aw, shucks.

Tonia - An unexpected MAJOR bath repair/remodel has sucked the travel budget dry for the rest of the year.

Jane - That was the only hit he'd had when I went to see him. I was a terribly impatient 12-year-old about to pass out from boredom waiting for him to wind up the concert with that song.

my favorite and my best said...

i crank up total eclipse too. but i usually sing it as total eclipse of my fart.
you are awesomesauce.

only a movie said...

Bad Words is a great choice.

I may or may not have had that Shaun Cassidy 45.

tulpen said...

Wow Raina. Thanks a whole bunch Sweetie.

I'm still crushing on my teenybopper crush.. Johnny Depp. Yummy in 21 Jumpstreet and Yummy now.

Leah said...

ah, rick springfield! would have been my 1st concert but my parents took me (unwillingly)to see mack davis at the houston rodeo, so i always have the pleasure of saying that was my first. rick was my 2nd! can still remember slow dancing w/my 7th grade crush to total eclipse of the heart. love your blog raina!

etak said...

Well, for another view of the Total Eclipse of the Heart video, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA&feature=related

The Zhush said...

A Rick Springfield, Revlon lipstick AND Erma Bombeck reference all in one post...wait, are we sure we didn't grow up together?!

MLC said...

Just have to join you in the Rick and Shaun love--Shaun Cassidy was my first concert, my dad took me, poor guy. I thought that Hardy Boys episode where Joe's fiancee died and they played "If" by Bread was so sad!

And then my dad took me back a few years later to a Toys for Tots concert---Juice Newton, Quarterflash, and beautiful Rick Springfield/Noah Drake...of course he came on last and we had to leave before it was over, but still a wonderful memory.

Raina Cox said...

etak - *bending on one knee*

I now profess my love to you.

The Zhush - Yeah, I totally dated myself with this post.

MLC - Sounds like you have a pretty awesome (and patient) Dad. Also, welcome to this deliciousness.

Raina Cox said...

Leah - Mack Davis?!? You poor thing.

sherri said...

Thanks for playing along! My teenybopper crush was Sean Cassidy, too. And my second concert was rick springfield. first was capn' and tenille. and I think it is hilarious that you noticed 4 of my questions were music-related, that was purely unintentional and I hadn't even noticed it!
xo, s

now lets get the bloggirlz convention in the works, I'm so in.

Sally J said...

I've not followed you very long, but I'm loving getting to know you....you're a trip! Fun post....I want to be invited to your next party!!

胤綸胤綸 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債.................................................................

SPLENDEROSA said...

I love your wit. You absolutely knock me out. Austin? I'll be there.
Well, actually, I'll go anywhere you say. xx's

erin@designcrisis said...

Susie is coming? So jealous!

Can't wait for the next convention at the Parker, but you can't say no to karaoke. You just need more vodka.

Bromeliad said...

I once wore purple bells to school and was popular for like a day because Shawn Cassidy had the same pants.

Bromeliad said...

Or was it Donny Osmond?

Marija said...

One of my favorite posts of yours ... love getting to know you and I'm totally envious of Susie who gets to hang out with you live!