Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sonia Rykiel home collection coming

"Sonia Rykiel" by Andy Warhol.

Iconic French fashion designer Sonia Rykiel will be debuting a home collection of "fabrics, cushions, carpets and throws featuring floral patterns and [...] signature multicolored stripes." The designs, described as "flirty Left Bank style," will compliment Rykiel's existing bed and bath line, below.



I was all on board for this new collection until I read about the "humorous touches" including "black velvet cushions with rhinestones spelling out 'Blonde,' 'Brune' and 'Rousse' ('Blonde,' 'Brunette' and 'Redhead')." Bedazzling in French is just as merde as bedazzling in English. Maybe more so.

Stark Carpet will distribute the collection Stateside beginning in September. That's an odd pairing, don't you think?

[WWD]

16 comments:

Belly said...

LOVE Sonya Rykiel. Her line, however, sounds tacky.

The Zhush said...

Love this lady...in my mind she is more "Rug Company" and the bedazzled part is the really odd part, oh well, still think her fashion rocks!

Sketch42 said...

I thought her line for H&M was tackola...

1 Funky Woman said...

I love her but not crazy about her rhinestone idea!

Kate said...

I love her, but not sure about the rhinestone cushion.
Perhaps they should be displayed with a brothel stinking candle?

sherri said...

I didn't think the french stooped to bedazzling. I find this disturbing.

Raina Cox said...

1 Funky Woman - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

my favorite and my best said...

this is about as exciting to me as an enema.

sidenote* i enjoyed very much the children's portion of her H&M line.

nkp said...

Jenny about covered it.

M.A said...

Love the bedding in the second picture but the bedazzling has to STOP! People who bedazzle thing have to be put to work helping cleaning up that mess from the oil spill... in bedazzeld overalls!
That will teach them!

Appletree said...

Is it just me or could she use a new head shot?
btw I mentioned you in my blog yesterday and should have given you a heads up.

helen said...

Jesus Sonia, you need to get an avocado or two on that thatch lady. I have similar barnet issues so feel able to comment.

helen said...

Jesus Sonia, you need to get an avocado or two on that thatch lady. I have similar barnet issues so feel able to comment.

helen said...

I had nothing nice to say and appear to have sat down twice - sorry Raina.

Raina Cox said...

Helen - You're fine, Girlfriend. As for Sonia, I'd say her and Grace Coddington both.

helen said...

You are most gracious!