Recent Posts

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vogue Living Australia, fourth feature

"Special Effects" features the work of designers Robin Standefer and Stephen Alesch of Roman and Williams. Founded in 1999, the duo's firm handles architecture, interior architecture, interior design and finishes, lighting, and color selection. Their look is hard to define, drawing on historical elements, industrial design, neutral palettes, and luxe finishes.

The Boom Boom Room club at The Standard hotel in New York City.

The bar at the Boom Boom Room.

Roman and William's concept rendering for the space.

The Standard Grill.

A room at the Ace Hotel in New York City.

The model at 211 Elizabeth Street, "a new residential condominium with turn-of-the-century values."

My thanks to the wonderful Sandy K. for sharing these photos!

[Vogue Living Australia, first feature]
[Vogue Living Australia, second feature]
[Vogue Living Australia, third feature]

15 comments:

nkp said...

I think they are amazing. Often a real standout in a sea of sameness. And now that you are freely encouraging swearing, I'll finish with a hearty-FUCK, did you see those chairs and barstools in the bar! Golden deliciousness.

susieq said...

I'd love to nose through each of these hotels. Those "terraced" banquets in the Boom Boom Room are fabulous.

anita @ a dreamer's den said...

i want to go to the boom boom room, just so i can say, "let's go to the boom boom room!"
and that last photo is beyond sexy!

my favorite and my best said...

concurring with the 3 ladies..
sexballs and super chic and kinda modern timeless...

Appletree said...

Those black framed windows are so perfect

erin@designcrisis said...

That condo has remained one of my fave rooms for quite some time now... plus did you see the de sede looking banquettes???

Love.

ita darling. said...

The balance is beautiful- very American with industrial and craftsman touches and a dash of old world european. Totally deft. (my new favorite design-y descriptive which I am trying to make sound "Street")

david john said...

One of my favorite interior designers. Exquisite...

Have you seen the video about them? It will make you realize how truly amazing their work, and passion is.

Let me know, I can send you link.

Best!
David

Raina Cox said...

David John - I haven't seen that video - do link!

Cashon&Co said...

those booths at the Standard are gorrrrgeous!

Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

un-freaking-believable. take me there now! any idea what it would cost for a subscription? i'm feeling a little uninspired by the standard american publications lately... though of course if you keep the gorgeous photos coming none of us will have to pay a dime! you're seriously making my week with all this beauty from down under — how awesome are your readers?

Raina Cox said...

Mackenzie - The international subscription price has dropped recently. It was over $100 for one year (six issues), and it's now $85.11. Jump on it!

Here's the Amazon link:

http://tinyurl.com/2f89dzb

Louise (Table Tonic) said...

Maaaaaaan! Who are you sleeping with to get these scans? I'm in Australia, have the issue in my hands and I'm STILL jealous!?!! Nice one RCo.

Raina Cox said...

Louise - You caught me! The scans for this article were a bit small, so I visited Roman and Williams project website for better images. They are the same ones VLA used.

Marija said...

This is stellar work. Why oh why can't I convince a client to let me paint all their moldings black?! Thumbs up for your new Aussie friends!