Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I was on "Hoarders" and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Dumplings, Operation "I'm About To Smack A Hoarder Upside The Head" is nearly complete. My parents are moved into their new home, and we have one day of unpacking left. I know you were hoping there would be treasures galore unearthed in the piles and piles of shite my mother hoarded, but alas no.

I found a few goodies I'll share tomorrow including some fantastic black and white photos of my uber-stylish grandmother. How she begat my mother is a mystery even Stephen Hawking couldn't solve.

The bag above will serve as a wee sneaky peeky. I wish it was Liberty of London, but its mint condition is satisfaction enough. Tune in tomorrow for more vintage loveliness...

14 comments:

sherri said...

oooh - my interest is piqued, can't wait to see the photos of your grandmother. so glad Operation IATSAHUTH is almost done.

Ragland Hill Social by Gwen Driscoll said...

So fun, can't wait!

Tonia @Chic Modern Vintage said...

Waiting in the wings to see what you have to show. I'm sure it's more fabulous that you let on

only a movie said...

I'll say it again...you are a Good daughter.

Can't wait to see your gram's photo.

C.J. said...

so I take it your mother is/was a hoarder? lol When I moved my mom I was amazed at the stuff she had. She even kept wrapping paper that she later ironed before use. :) God love the mom's of the world. New blog needs some followers....
http://www.beenblogged2.blogspot.com/

Bromeliad said...

I have tears (from laughing, sorry, not from sorrow at your plight.)

Fortunately, I constantly get good stuff from my mom's stash. And sort of worry about what's getting away without me as she's cleaning house. (Perhaps I'm a tad hoard-y myself.)

Robin said...

Ditto what Movie said, you are a good daughter. Looking forward to seeing the dishy photos and your ill-gotten gains. If anyone can find treasures amid the trash, it's you.

WV = borat. True story

A Perfect Gray said...

you have made my day. can not wait...

Jaima said...

Love that bag pattern! Jaima

Jaima said...

Love that pattern on the bag! Jaima

nkp said...

You are a GREAT daughter! Can't wait to view the loot!

hush said...

"A mystery even Stephen Hawking couldn't solve" = chuckle, chuckle.

Ditto all who've said you're a great daughter. Can't wait to see the old family pics.

Raina Cox said...

Jaima - Thanks so much and welcome to this deliciousness!

Shelley Trbuhovich said...

good god girl, you make me laugh - the grandmother-begatting-mother-steven-hawking-mystery comment has me laughing so hard. i think i need to steal it. i won't, of course, as i am sure it's all in the delivery, which only you can provide, rockin raina. thanks for the laughs. x