Recent Posts

Friday, September 10, 2010

Let Imperial Trellis be

Supermodel Iman has partnered with Calico Corners, the surburban Mom's fabric retailer of choice, to introduce an eponymous line. Yesterday at the New York runway shows, she debuted the Iman Home Fabric Collection to the fashion press. On the walls is Sultana Lattice, an "interpretation" of Imperial Trellis (*sigh*). The sofa sports Zebra Oasis with throw pillows in Riviera In Flight. Iman's press agent has been temporarily stunned into a fugue state by the camera flashes and high-octane fabric combo.

The collection is polite, palatable, and perfectly coordinated for McMansion owners who have only recently discovered "ethnic" decor.

Free swatches are available in-store and online. A few of my faves:

Istanbul Sunset in "Luna," $28.99 yd.

Assyrian Vine in "Luna," $49.99 yd.

Zahra Leaf in "Topaz," $32.99 yd.

Java Moon in "Luna," $ 54.99.

13 comments:

Edith Hope said...

Dear Raina, To be referred to as a 'suburban mom' may be regarded as a misfortune; to live in a 'McMansion' could be regarded as carelessness; to wallpaper with 'Sultana Lattice' would, in my opinion, be foolhardy in the extreme!

Thank you so much for becoming a 'Follower'.

Naomi@ThirteenandSouth said...

I'm diggin Instanbul Sunset. I could make myself some pillows out of that and pretend it was John Robshaw's Indigo Dip.

PS- where I work, on the Main Line of Philadelphia, all the neighborhoods are so old and developed there is practically no room for McMansions (just regular, old stone, brick and tudor mansions.) There are however, an abundance of suburban housewives.

Raina Cox said...

Naomi - I've always found the best time to arrive at CC is 2:30pm on a weekday. The entire store empties out and the parking lot disgorges itself of about 42 gigantic SUVs.

David said...

I'm digging Istanbul Sunset too. And my SUV. Don't hate! =)

Bromeliad said...

The Java is cool. And on sale at the moment. (Also Punjabi Peacock, but what a name for a fabric.)

my favorite and my best said...

why would anyone in their right mind want an imperial trellis knock off? ahembullshit...

Edith Hope said...

Dear Raina, A brief postscript which I forgot to mention earlier. Inspired by your curtain post, I have included a link to you in my latest posting. I trust this meets with your approval.

Raina Cox said...

David - I'm the proud new owner of an SUV (shush!), but it's quite tiny. Teensy, in fact.

Edith Hope - I'm off to read it...

susieq said...

Make the Imperial Trellis madness stop. Now.

But, keep the Istanbul Sunset and Zahra Leaf coming!!

Sketch42 said...

That imperial trellis knockoff is terrible. Very Bad. And I like imperial trellis.

ampersand-design.blogspot.com said...

I'm loving the Zahra Leaf and quite liking the Istanbul Sunset. I'm a bit over Imperial Trellis and all the copies. It's just way too commonly used.

Sandy K

Cashon&Co said...

i had the privelage of meeting Iman a few years ago, and she is INCREDIBLY lovely -- inside and out. And i had heard that she was a diva so i was a little apprehensive about meeting her, and she was sincere, patient, and wonderful. so i will like anything she promotes, and some of these are actually cute!

erin@designcrisis said...

Iman = stunning

Her fabrics = snoozarrific