Recent Posts

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A new interiors website plays house

Curbed National, the newest online resource for all things interior design, has launched "Operation Dollhouse." Today, tiny dollhouses and furnishings were delivered to six shelter magazine editors with the directive to "revamp, renovate, decorate or demo" to their hearts' content. The participants have until noon on Friday, October 1st to complete their creations, and results will be published on October 5th.

So who was invited to play house?

The grand doyenne of domesticity, Martha Stewart.

The girly-boho head of upstart Lonny, Michelle Adams.

The god of bored hipsters everywhere, Sam Grawe of Dwell.

House Beautiful's man with the plan, Newell Turner.

Elle Decor's new honcho, Michael Boodro.

And last, but certainly not least, the woman we all hope will work miracles at the beyond-staid Architectural Digest, Margaret Russell.

Stay tuned to see what sort of magic is lavished on these miniature marvels!

[Curbed National]

7 comments:

Edith Hope said...

Dear Raina, I am so sad that you were not invited to play too. So much more fun than goody two shoes Martha!

I love doll's houses so I shall certainly be tuned for more.

David said...

I love this, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

I also kind of love imagining that Margaret Russell opened hers, tossed back the last of a bloody mary, said "I'm way too busy for bullshit like this" and threw it at an assistant.

Bri @Meyouandawienerdog said...

oooh this should be interesting to see.

Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage said...

So fun to see, I love the modern furniture. Makes me want to dollhouse.

susieq said...

Oh what fun!!! Can't wait to see what they do! I have a weakness for doll-sized furniture.

Naomi@ThirteenandSouth said...

ooo very excited to see this one. Sometimes I get sad that I am too old to play with dollhouses any more. MUCH easier to renovate them than the real things.

karly / design-crisis.com said...

Mine must have gotten lost in the mail.