Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New West Elm goodies

This week, West Elm debuted over 100 new items for fall and holiday decorating. I'm going to roll through some of my favorites and not-so favorites. The Studded Bloom pillow in Peridot (yellow), above, is definitely on my shopping list.

Helloooo, my cerused beauty! I can only hope your appearance sounds a death knell for West Elm's ubiquitous Espresso finish.

I love the sea glass look of the Spanish Glass votives. They're only $4 each and free shipping is included.

The Mirror-Top Turned side table would definitely turn my head, and Alcira of The Nero Chronicles agrees.

West Elm's Christmas ornaments are (wisely) neutral in shimmering golds and silvers, as well as cardboard, kraft paper and newsprint finishes.

My vote for goofiest holiday offering goes to these "decorative" pinecones. The large is $12 and a set of 6 gold-painted small ones will set you back $14. I tell you what - I have a driveway full of these things. For $12 plus shipping, I'll send you a giant box of them.

Hasn't everyone who wants these bought one already?

I'm diggin' these Winter Ice canapé plates for Hanukkah entertaining.

Speaking of - the token Festival of Lights item is the new Manzanita menorah, well-priced at $49.

I'm guessing the 9-light Manzanita candelabra, above, sold so well to design-minded Heebs last year that West Elm decided to craft a "true" hanukkiah. I actually like the former version better and am so very glad I picked one up last year:

My living room coffee table.

So are any of the new West Elm items striking your fancies, Dumplings?

17 comments:

David said...

I'm totally with you on the coffee table, color and shape. I also have a weakness for silver glass ornaments.

And I also agree that your candelabra menorah beats the real menorah hands down.

Jane said...

Love the coffee and side tables! Shame I'm in Oz though ... Jane @ the girl in the brick house.

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Thanks for the props, Raina ; )
I'm loving those studded pillows with a passion -- hm, where do I need a pop of acid yellow?

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

my favorite and my best said...

meh. the pillow's cute.

nkp said...

Hahaha...I have the rhino, wanna come over and say hi in November? I did purchase mine at the fabulous Star Provisions, but looks like he's going the way of the "Keep Calm" posters. Oy.

I also have the black lacquered version of the turned wood, glass-topped table from a few years back. But I love the smokey cerused finish. I happily say adios espresso.

Raina Cox said...

nkp - You have a free pass from me for life.

Coté Provence said...

love the pillows and table.
referring to your comment ... it's stylistic! just doesn't care for modern spaces and furnishing....

susieq said...

I'm smiling about the pine cones. We pulled 2 huge boxes of them out of POD. They are my favorite Christmas decorations. But I've never bought them — and I'm glad to know I have a new source for them. Start cleaning up your driveway!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

So much to look at here! Your coffee table with last year's silver branch is a winner! I like almost all ornaments and the mirrowed top table.

Now hit the driveway with a can of gold spray paint and get busy! Or I can send you some...have plenty in my storage room from years past!

life, in small chunks said...

I will definitely be picking up some of those votives...and maybe some of the ornaments. I like your version of the candelabra better, too. And I'm with ya on the pine cones! I've got lot of those I could sell, too.
karin

The Zhush said...

Jealous of that tree Menorah...YOURS...want that! They need to bring this back!
Yours truly,
D-MH

Ms. Bright said...

the Menorahs are killer. in the best possible way.

if you don't want to vomit all over your self DO NOT READ THIS:

http://blog.atlantahomesmag.com/events/atlanta-designers-work-debuts-in-nyc-london/

Whatever you do!!! BAHAHAHAHA

Raina Cox said...

Ms. Bright - Oh, trust me, he told us ALL about that project. He had Asprey home scents all over the bath and was giving us the hard sell. You would have thought he'd been asked to serve as their design director rather than just a window dresser.

Leigh said...

love these picks!

Alexis L., The Studioist said...

I'm not generally the biggest WE fan but I definitely want some of those Christmas ornaments and I love last year's menorah. I agree that this year's is disappointingly literal. I'm trying to decide if I have any use for those votive holders. Hm...

karly / design-crisis.com said...

Why is the deer $12 and the rhino $52?

PS my pine cone check is in the mail.

Yana said...

purchased two votives, done and done.
Next is that bangin' studded yellow pillow.
Meowww.