Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Curbed + House Beautiful + dollhouse = a blue beauty

So, Dumplings, nearly two weeks ago the fab new interiors website Curbed delivered dollhouses to the editors of six national shelter magazines to see what they interiors magic they might conjure with the tiny cottages.

And did House Beautiful's team, led by EIC Newell Turner and contributor Judi Roaman, deliver! From drab (above) to...

FAB!!!

They took the few decorative elements Curbed supplied (above)
and embellished them with decoupaged pages from the magazine.

The interior was inspired by HB's "All About Blue" March 2010 issue, which
was nominated for an American Society of Magazine Editors "Best Cover" award.

I suddenly have the urge to Mod Podge my stairs.

Love the sessy red door with gilt trim.

Even Fido gets the royal treatment!

Check back with Curbed and La Lamp Shade every day this week to see who took up the challenge and what decorating delights they delivered.

["House Beautiful Dollhouse: Cinematic Moody Blues"]

15 comments:

life, in small chunks said...

I saw this earlier today! Cute idea by both Curbed and by HB!

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

love it! I looooved the "Blue" issue from HB. Can't wait to see what the other mags come up with!

A Perfect Gray said...

do so love it. it's only adding to my obsession for collaged papers. wonderful...

tulpen said...

that is so cool. wanna shrink myself down and move in.

Virginia Blue - Director Blue Fruit said...

What a fab idea. Would look great on real-scale stairs, although of course it may take positively AGES to get up and down the staircase - there would be so many interesting things to read along the journey!

nkp said...

Love! Brilliant execution. I adore the trompe l'oeil effect of the magazine pages as wallpaper. No question, it is most definitely a house beautiful!

Robin said...

One of the reasons I love dollhouses is because I think well-mannered, well-dressed mice live in them. I imagine a very high-class mouse lives here, with excellent taste.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

clever concept - and the design is so yummy. I like the sassy red door too!

Alexis L., The Studioist said...

I probably would be best off directing all of my desires for a home to a dollhouse.

/bitter

Very pretty.

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

This is hilarious. It's like a batch pad for Tom Thumb, except in this case he's likely gay and probably a decorator!

Cheers, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

susieq said...

Wow. And the photography is so cool. Love the light shining in from that opened red door.

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

I agree, I love what HB did with this...they were so clever! And I loved their blue issue! This makes me want to go read it again!

Raina Cox said...

Jenn - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

hoechstetterinteriors said...

Cute idea.

I'd love the blue room - except that there's no way you can get books or anything else to stay on shelves that are leaned over like that. Decoupage here, I know, but still...

Raina Cox said...

hoechstetterinteriors - Hello to you and welcome to this deliciousness!