Recent Posts

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Elle Decor's dollhouse - I had high hopes

Day 3 of Curbed's "Operation Dollhouse" reveals - Elle Decor. I was really looking forward to this one. I mean, c'mon, it's Elle freakin' Decor. Looks like ED has a former Domino intern on staff. Someone who thinks chevrons and chesterfields are the ne plus ultra of creative interiors.

So, again, here is the "before."

And the accessories Curbed gifted the magazine.

The ho-hum entry and living room.

The poorly-photographed bedroom.

*exasperated sigh*

The bath.

This is even more boring than the Lonny dollhouse from yesterday, which I didn't think was possible.

[Elle Decor Dollhouse: Signature Style Looks Ahead]

11 comments:

Teri said...

It looks like they also didn't use all the props, and whatever that is over the bed- they didn't cover the rubber band.

I bit too much blue, which I didn't think was possible. Probably because it is all the same shade.

Raina Cox said...

Teri - Hey! So fab to see you back!

Jane said...

Yes why don't they use all the props? It should be mandatory. I am unhappy with the rules. And don't like the light next to the bed. But lets face it any doll would be happy to live there.

susieq said...

Ewwww. Disappointed. Yep, this is surely the work of some intern.

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Hehehe, I gotta say this is a letdown. Looks like the cover of their recent book release.
Though if you think about it, it would take some doing to really make these cardboard cutouts look cool.
It seems we're all on the mini theme today ; )
Oh and ya gotta admit, a good chesterfield can still be quite a good thing. Though
I'll admit to being pretty over chevron in any incarnation save for herringbone floor planks, bricks or bathroom tiles.

TTFN, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Alexis L., The Studioist said...

You took the assessment right from my lips.

It really looks as though someone didn't want this assignment and half-arsed it, hard.

my favorite and my best said...

for shame. the best of best pulled out a stinker? i liked lonny's better.

Sketch42 said...

I actually liked the lonny dollhouse better too.

Design Blooms said...

Ha-I bet its hard to decorate a tiny doll house! I think they could have done a lot better, or at least adjusted the lens!

ModFruGal said...

The best thing I've seen in all of these thusfar is the art...sad.

The Down East Dilettante said...

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. Big snore on this one---although I like the 'movin' on up'----an allusion to M.Russell's career change?

They really should have taken this more seriously.