Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bedroom mood board

As promised yesterday, here is a mood board of the selections for our fourth bedroom. I have several of the pieces already and will pull the rest together as the household budget allows. Clockwise, starting from top right:

1. Nate Berkus for HSN Stonewash Handstiched quilt in "Denim." I was surprised by the quality of this, very much like an authentic boutis.

2. Vintage Uzbeki suzani, won on eBay.

3. Item Furniture chair. This is a piece from my former interiors shop. The company is no longer in business.

4. Campaign-style bedside chests. Hopefully, I can find vintage but I'm open to new as well.

5. Dark wood woven blind for the window. Black-out lining is a must.

6. Veneer patterned headboard.

7. Mouille-esque sconces.

8. John Robshaw euros (no longer available). They are a beige-y olive broken-stripe print with a cobalt whipstitch border.

9. John Robshaw "Rams" pillow for the chair.

The room is a former study and connected to the master bedroom via a pass-through walk-in closet. A full bath is through the far door, and the floors are vein-cut travertine. I'm on the hunt for an area rug and hoping to find a vintage kilim. For some reason, the woman who built this house loved down lighting, so we have cans Swiss-cheesing the ceilings throughout our house.

The room will be painted an olive, and Benjamin Moore's "Terrapin Green" is the current front runner. The walls will be a flat finish and the bookcase a semi-gloss. If I get fired up, I may paint this room during the week between Christmas and New Year's. Or I may don yoga pants and keep the sofa warm.

15 comments:

nkp said...

Let me know when it will be ready for it's first visitor. I will happily break it in.

nkp said...

Ugh, its, its, its!!! Damn you word correct.

Sorry, you know how anal I am. :-)

Keri Batchelder Hoffman said...

Raina I can't wait to see it! And thanks to you and Jamie posting about it on the same day, I now know (think I know) what campaign-style furniture is!

Happy Holidays!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Hawt, hawt, hawt!

I cannot wait to see the full effect laid out in all its glory -- God you do painted walls like no one's biz.
You shouldn't have any trouble finding the campaign chests -- they're out there for the picking.

Don't know if you saw this post of mine from a few weeks back, but this is easily one of my fave pieces of furniture and I got an amazeballs deal, then as I recount in the post, proceeded to see a pair of twins on 1st dibs for over 3 grand:

http://www.nerochronicles.com/2010/12/on-campaign-trail.html

Happy painting -- or couch-warming, whatever the task shall be ;)
Alcira

nerochronicles.com

David said...

So good, all of it! If you happen to find 4 of those campaign chests I'm happy to take 2 off your hands. I'm not sure I can resist buying myself a Rams pillow right now.

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Well it's going to look fabulous and if the swiss cheese is still bothersome, at least you can change the lights to baby swiss with smaller cans!

Leah said...

you are so talented! i really love the pieces you've chosen & look forward to the end result.

The Down East Dilettante said...

Remember Candice Olsen on HGTV a few years back? She started ever room makeover with pot lights? A friend and I used to watch just for the sheer pleasure of shouting 'and here we'll add some pot lights' when the new design was discussed.

Anyway, great choices, of course. Love campaign furniture---it can be as modern, as exotic, or as traditional as one needs it to be

Raina Cox said...

TDED - Oh, Candice is magnificent. Here's a link to an old post on Miz Olsen:

http://tinyurl.com/29ktjpx

Sharon @ Real Estate Resuscitation said...

I ordered dark wood woven blinds for several of my windows and I think they are sooo pretty. The color is called Nova Pointe. If you do a search there are several online resources that carry them.

Your selections are great as usual!

Rebecca (Reluctant Floridian) said...

Delish. Digging the way you use color as usual, Raina. You are the queen.

erin@designcrisis said...

I told you it was going to be good! You never disappoint, my dear. Can't wait to see the finished version.

Happy Holidays -- hope you get some yoga pant time in, too.

Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

Loving the suzani and can't wait to see it come together!

my favorite and my best said...

major.

Topaz said...

I love the color schemes you do. I would never think to combine those colors, which is why my rooms are always so "safe." But that's why you make the big bucks, right?

And I once owned a '60s ranch that was dark no matter what I did. Bigger windows, lighter paint, lots of lamps -- it still looked like a dungeon. Recessed lighting finally did the trick.

Embrace the Swiss cheese.