Recent Posts

Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday ramblings

Nuevo Estilo.

I'm having one of those out-of-sorts days. Not upset or sad, just really restless. The sky is gray and spitting snow, and I could either prepare a five-course lunch or lay on the sofa in my yoga capris for hours. I'm up for either. Weirdness.

The dusky violet velvet on those chairs is making me blissfully happy, but the rug beneath is not. Weirdness.


The bath remodel has stalled out until my lovebug LB's holiday break. I wish our budget was generous enough to include a duplicate of the cabinet above. But I feel damn lucky to have the showstopper of a shower that's going up.

Elle Decor.

One of my very best friends is having a milestone birthday today. Shosh, I wish I could scoop you (and Nelya and JC) up for an alcohol-fueled celebratory lunch catered by Kevin Gillespie at this gorgeous getaway.

Now, Dumplings, you've been very patient with my Friday ramblings. So here's your (near) daily dose of design snark:

Jakob Solgren Stylist via Desire to Inspire.

This is what you get when you hand Sandra Lee a brief that says "Give me an Easter table setting for Prince's lakeside Victorian cottage library." The bunny-shaped lavender-colored angel food cake with corn nut topping is sitting just out of the shot.

Weirdness.

14 comments:

The Down East Dilettante said...

Yup, me too.

Kristen said...

ohhh, my gosh, i just laughed so hard at the cake. like, out loud.

my favorite and my best said...

sandra lee is not right.

agree about the rug...agree about everything.

Jane K. Schott said...

Please, tell me it's not the way I think it might be...oh, horrors!

erin@designcrisis said...

I vote for the couch (plus a Friday afternoon martini).

I hope you shake the weirdness soon!

La Maison Fou said...

I love the Elle Decor bath.
Beautiful.
L.
La Maison Fou blog

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

I know that exact feeling. I hate it. Either a run on the treadmill OR two glasses of wine and trash reality tv is usually helpful for me.

And that cake! Oh, the horror!

The Zhush said...

Sandra Lee...as in the soon to be first lady of NY...yup! Weirdness sums it up.

susieq said...

I love it when you're decked in yoga pants and besieged with weirdness. The result? Fabulous visuals. Thank you for your hats off to the milestone birthday! I'll take you up on that alcohol-fueled celebratory lunch in about 6 months. And we'll toast to your birthday also!! Love you,

-sh

David said...

Final photo: That chandelier should be removed with a shotgun.

Raina Cox said...

La Maison Fou - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

Jono said...

What is up with that light fixture? And the purple ceiling? And everything really. The designer must be colour blind, mistaking them for a nice shade of grey.

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

For me its the painting I just want to stab it I don't know why but it bothers me....

longlist said...

Dusky violet is my current favourite colour, those chairs are perdy.