Recent Posts

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel

The world's most lengthy bath remodeling project is coming to an end, and I thought I'd share the final fixture and material selections. Clockwise, starting from the top left:

1. Moen 8" Eco-performance showerhead. It switches from rain shower to compact spray and uses 32% less water than regular showerheads with no sacrifice in pressure.

2. "Palm Heart" print by Kate Banazi. I own several of Kate's pieces. She's brilliant. Buy her stuff.

3. Hand-carved walnut mirror with mother of pearl inlay. It will lean on the counter between the two sinks to break up the wall of mirror (see below). Thanks for suggestion, Alcira!

4. John Robshaw "Cypress" shower curtain. I will be using two to up the glam factor.

5. "Cypress" print close-up.

6. Inky blue penny tile for the shower floor. Photography does not do this material justice.

7. Torreon vein-cut travertine planks for the shower walls and bathroom floor. The staggered stripe running bond pattern will blow your mind.

8. Zig zag garden stool to be used in place of a bench in the shower.

9. Kohler Purist shower controls in "Chrome."

10. Kohler Purist sink faucets in "Chrome." David and I are faucet twinsies. Check out his remodeling progress.

Yesterday, the drywallers finished up skimcoating the bathroom. I've decided to paint the walls rather than wallpaper due to cost and sheer laziness on my part. I've wallpapered two rooms (here and here) in the past year and that's plenty o' papering.

A reminder of what I started with.

The shower floor penny tile will be laid tomorrow, and LB the Magnificent will be laying the stone over his holiday break. Hopefully, Dumplings, we will have a full reveal January-ish.

28 comments:

susieq said...

Oh how exciting!! I love the mirror and the Palm Heart print. Can't wait, can't wait!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Wuhooo!!

Anxiously awaiting the sure-to-be-stunning reveal!
Quite simply in love with the Kohler Purist faucets.
The glam quotient just won't quit in here.
And oh the Moorish mirror -- pant-pant-pant ;p
Alcira

nerochronicles.com

David said...

YAY! I'm as excited about your reveal as I am my own. It's door hanging day here, cross your fingers.

david john said...

i eagerly await raina!

Sharon @ Real Estate Resuscitation said...

Lovely selections, but what else did we expect, right!?!?

nkp said...

I'm with Shosh. The print and the mirror are over the top good! Waiting with bated breath!

Kate said...

Super sexy!
Love those tiles and good call on the mirror. Cant wait to see the finished room!
And of course thanks!

maison21 said...

looking forward to the end result!

Ragland Hill Social by Gwen Driscoll said...

So exciting. Can't wait to see the finished product. I know you are so ready to have it wrapped up! Hope you are well.

Appletree said...

those inky blue tiles are fabulous

The mad woman behind the blog said...

I really don't know how you said goodbye to that wallpaper. Gold is back, is it not?

I hope you at least had a memorial service!
And I don't know what is means but I think it means something: my word verification, typhis!

Mandi Smith T said...

Ok, the penny tile is making me drool. I am dying to see this in the finale. AND the garden stool instead of a tiled in bench - genius, my clever friend! M.

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Wait! What was that? Indeed, I hear the chorus of design angels - Laaaaaa!
Can. Not. Wait.
(you Tease, btw)

A Perfect Gray said...

lordy. I love your style. looking forward to it...

Rebecca (Reluctant Floridian) said...

Cannot wait to see the finished loo!

only a movie said...

That mirror is killing me. I think I'd like to come back as you in my next life. Having a Barbie dream house seems like such fun. xo

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

can't waitttt for the reveal, Raina! must wait all the way till january?! ; )

erin@designcrisis said...

It's going to be effing awesome, but I would expect nothing less from you! What color are you painting the walls?

Raina Cox said...

Erin - I haven't made a decision on the wall color yet. I'm going to get the shower curtains in first and see what strikes me.

Teri said...

Orgasmic!!!!

I love the blue penny tiles, I have a soft spot for blue :D

I think I will be stealing your mirror idea from Alcira.

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Girl we've been remodeling our bathroom for the past 5 months and have no end in sight cause my hubby's not doing his part!!!! Nice to see someone is though. Looking forward to the reveal so I can rub it in my hubby's face!

Naomi@ThirteenandSouth said...

looking good and thanks for a new mirror source!
I MAY begin a bathroom renovation soon. should be interesting, as we only have one in the house....

Lausi said...

OMG... these materials you chose are mind-blowing already. Can't wait to see the AWESOMENESS you will no doubt have created when you're done with this project :)

The Down East Dilettante said...

I'd have expected nothing less....

the shower head and faucet are too good..

As is having a husband who can do marble.

The Zhush said...

I can't wait to see it all implemented! The tiles and the Robshaw textile are just amazing...the idea of that stool in the shower is brilliant! (I actually have that one in silver in my living room).

Bromeliad said...

Can't wait to see it.

Millie said...

Oh goodness I can sooooo relate to this!! Nearly 2 years on ours is almost complete, but a certain Serial Renovator has run out of puff & I having to push very hard from behind to get him over the wire. Never has dry wall looked so good Raina.
Millie ^_^

Raina Cox said...

Millie - I "squee-ed" when I first saw it done.

And welcome to this deliciousness!