Recent Posts

Friday, December 31, 2010

Pop that cork!

Dumplings, it's about time to wrap this bad boy up. I, for one, am glad to see 2010 end. It's been hella challenging between health issues, the never-ending bath remodel, and moving my parents into elder care. I couldn't be more ready for a fresh start.

There are some pretty fantastic people I've met through La Lamp Shade whose friendship has helped me through the stressful bits more than they know. And I'd like to recognize their fabulousness:

SusieQ of Eye Spy
The SisterFriend who has enough caring in her to mother the planet. She's a graphic designer who is dipping her creative toe in interiors and I know she'll be brilliant at it.

Nelya of Head Over Heels
The WonderMom who takes no shit. She'll walk over broken glass for you, but you best never cross her. She loves her family, she loves crumbly plaster walls, she's just lovely.

Jenny of My Favorite and My Best
Foul mouth, huge heart, and immensely talented. We share a taste for the weirdness of life. She's gonna take the world by storm in 2011, just you watch.

Alcira of The Nero Chronicles
So wicked smart, she can turn a phrase like nobody's business. You want to talk to her for hours. She's a freshman blogger who should be added to your blogroll immediately, if not sooner.

Alexis of The Studioist
Dig through her posts and you understand why blogging was invented. So that uber-intelligent people can discuss design in a way that transcends "swoon" and "j'adore." Now if I can just convince her to move to the Mile High City.

David of Midwestern Malaise
I wish with all of my defective heart that this man (and his man) lived next door to me. We could refinish furniture together, invent lethal cocktails, and talk over the back fence until our spouses cried "Enough!"

B. of The Down East Dilettante
The best storyteller I've ever met bar none. He knows everyone in the rarefied sphere of decorating we plebes only read about, as well as pretty much everything about antiques and classic American architecture. His emails are like little presents landing in my inbox.

Erin and Karly of Design Crisis
The peanut butter and jelly of design blogging - each is pretty fab but they're even better together. Erin holds your hand while Karly has your back. I couldn't ask for more.

Paul of Kitchen and Residential Design
I love nothing more than our late night discourses on all matters of design. He's such a generous soul.

Jamie of Sanctuary Home
My local partner-in-crime who shares my take-no-prisoners philosophy of sourcing, thrifting, and shopping.

And to those of you I'm just connecting with, I can't wait to get to know you better in 2011!

20 comments:

Teri said...

Happy New Year!!!!!

Have a wonderful night.

griffo68 said...

Happy New Year to you and your family my lovely uber deliciousness.

Have a fantastic night and a superb 2011!

x

Karena said...

All the best Raina!! I am Sure 2011 will be a better year ahead fo all of us!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

my favorite and my best said...

thank you my sister. although you failed to mention nelya has the dirtiest mouth of us all!!
happy new year..may this year bring you a heart as strong as an ox, a daughter who treats you with respect and kindness, a husband who says yes to everything and more friends than you know what to do with.
i love you.
xo
j

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Happy New Year, Raina. Take care of that heart. Can't wait to see what you have to share with us in '11.

PS- does a kitchen renovation come after the bathroom??

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Aaawww, sniff...thanks so much R.
"Meeting" you has been the jam on the biscuit that is blogging ;)
And to think how you used to terrify me when I was just a lurker with an email address -- but such generosity and kindness of spirit have bowled me over and made me feel quite welcome here in the 'Sphere.
Do take care of yourself as the year winds down. We want you fresh and full of snarky inspiration come 2011. Much love and warmest wishes, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

The Down East Dilettante said...

My head spins at the idea that I'm a good storyteller. In truth I can't get out of my own way when telling a tale, but hey...

And I don't nearly 'know' everyone...not nearly. Just crossed paths once or twice with a few of them...and they leave their mark...

And New Year's cheer to you! Continue to keep us on our toes!

nkp said...

Aw shucks, that heart of yours is giving you trouble because it's bursting with sweetness, goodness, and love.
I hope this year brings you, LB, and the beautiful, sweet Pea happiness, great health, wonderful memories, huge success, and a shiny brand spankin' new bathroom.
Thank you for your friendship. I'm honored to call you one of my own!

Love, hugs, and kisses-n.

p.s.- I do not have the dirtiest mouth of us all! Fuck no, I don't. ;0)

David said...

2010 may have been all over the place but your friendship has been a constant pleasure.

Happy new year to you and your sweet family. And here's to our bathroom reveals. Sometime in the first quarter. Second quarter at most. I really should go work on that...

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Wishing you a smashing New Years and much bliss in 2011. xo

The Down East Dilettante said...

Just back from a marvelous little New Year's party---barely made it to midnight.

here's wishing you and yours a big happy new year and lots of smooches

Thanks for all the fun in 2010, and lookin' forward to continuing this party in 2011

midcenturyjo said...

Happy New Year Raina! Sorry to hear that the not so old ticker is playing up. Just make sure you look after yourself, take it easy and preserve your energy for the important things like blogging. I'd be lost if I couldn't lurk on La Lampshade.

ModFruGal said...

Happy New Year...and take care of yourself...here's to a healthy heart in 2011!

sanctuaryhome said...

Happy New Year, Raina. I am honored to be mentioned! Can't wait to see what design adventures you get yourself into in 2011 and hope that I can be a part of a few.

Japanese Trash said...

Stumbling onto ITLSF a couple of months ago has been a great treat of 2010 for me. Let's hear it for a fun, dysfunctional 2011!

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

Happy new year, be healthy and happy!!!

Millie said...

I'm here to tell you that your never-ending-bath reno will have a happy ending Raina. After 2 long, long years & many a night sleeping in separate bedrooms after yet another biffo over how it should look, WE'RE DONE! Looking forward to your Grand Reveal, I'll raise a glass or 5.
Millie x

erin@designcrisis said...

Ok, now I really am going to start crying!

Happy new year, ladyfriend. I hope that 2011 brings you all the joy, happiness, health and wealth, that you so richly deserve.

david john said...

happy 2011 to you honey!

susieq said...

Oh my gosh! I'm dumbfounded and overwhelmed -- and sooo embarrassed that I didn't see this sooner! You are the sweetest woman, Raina girl! Thank you so much for wonderful comments. I'm dabbing my eyes! I treasure your friendship so much and I'm counting the days until another adventure!