Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 is off to a most excellent start

Côté Maison.

Per Alexis' request, I've cleared your feed of those awful rugs. Feast your eyeballs on this serene Milanese dining room. Ah, much much better.

So what's up, Buttercups? Is your Hump Day humperrific? Mine is filled with all manner of good news...

One of my BFFs, Jenny of My Favorite and My Best, will be auditioning for HGTV's Design Star this Saturday. Head on over to her blog and wish her the best. If anyone was made for an interior design competition show, it's JC. A reminder of her awesomeness:



Also, the Design Gods will once again shower us with their benevolence. The newest Target dance partner will be Calypso St Barth, purveyor of all things boho and delectable. The collection will bow on May 1st (five days before my birthday thankyouverymuch). Not only will the goodies include clothing and accessories for women and children (hello, Pea's summer wardrobe!), but we will also see a home collection with pillows, candles, and glassware. Rest assured I will post photos of it all in the near future.

Late yesterday, I received an incredibly exciting offer and am working out the details. Sorry, I can't say more at this point. I'll hope to be able to share some truly fab news with you Dumplings in the next few weeks!

17 comments:

David said...

Oh my god I'd love to see Jenny on Design Star. Actually I'd love to hear her. Except they'll have to bleep her. Anyway, FUN!

I can't wait to hear your news!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Wow, this -- all of it -- is epic.
Of course Jenny would shine with the best of 'em over at HGTV. The competition would be rendered every fiercer because of her.
The Calypso news is a breath of fresh air -- truly. It was time for CSB to become accessible to we mere mortals. I'm tired of wanting those mongolian lambs' wool poufs.
Lastly, cannot wait to hear your good news -- hope at the very least that you've been talent-scouted by West Elm or better yet, Debbie Needles over at the WSJ ;)
Do spill the beans soon, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Another reason to give more of my husbands money to Target!

Fingers crossed for Jenny.

my favorite and my best said...

love you more than my.....

Mandi Smith T said...

most exciting news. In fact MFMB would actually make me watch design star!! Always wishing you the best, so can't wait to hear your dealio too! M.

Appletree said...

oh Raina, you are a tease!

erin@designcrisis said...

I NEED TO KNOW. NOW.

Super excited for your exciting offer!

Sharon @ Real Estate Resuscitation said...

New at Target and your news - looking forward to both!

susieq said...

Yes -- I love this start to 2011! Can't wait til you spill it!

Camilla @ Designalogue said...

2011 is going to be brilliant. Its been decided.
Cant wait to hear your awesome news!

Topaz said...

The only problem is, Target continues to fund right-wing organizations dedicated to keeping all U.S. citizens, including GLBT people, from sharing equal rights. Several groups have boycotted Target as a result.

Raina Cox said...

Topaz - And Urban Outfitters/Anthropologie is owned by Rick Santorum's most generous campaign supporter. And Nike has sweatshops in Southeast Asia. And the Chinese company that makes iPhones runs near slave labor conditions in its factory. And WalMart evils are the stuff of corporate legend.

So you hightail it up Crested Butte, get off the grid, and stop reading decorating blogs.

Topaz said...

And just to be a total pain, I have to point out that the last season of Design Star was awful. It used to be a semi-benign guilty pleasure, but the producers ruined it with way too many group challenges, inane "inspirational" challenges, and ridiculous judging. I didn't even stick around to see who won.

Raina Cox said...

Topaz - Damn, T., you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Raina- super pumped for your super secret exciting offer!! Best of Luck to you.

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Jenny's gonna rock that audition, I just KNOW it.
And YOU....little teasy-tease! ;) Can't wait to see whatcha got up your chic-ey sleeve.

Alexis said...

Thanks, sweetie!