Recent Posts

Monday, February 14, 2011

I couldn't love Jonathan Adler any more


His thoughts on Fashion Week:

"I’m going to go to Anna Sui, because I love her.  Nanette Lepore is a great friend of mine but I can’t make it unfortunately because I have a meeting, but I always love her shows,” Adler said. “The problem with fashion shows is, if that’s not your life, it can fuck up your entire day. Schlepping up to the thingy and back. It’s like a five hour undertaking.”

And while fashion is fun, Adler says he need the extra time to devote to his work, selling his creative textiles, furniture and ceramics.

“Every upper middle class person in America is buying 75 handbags, 68 sweaters and 95 frocks every minute,” he said. “Whereas to sell them a vase, it’s gotta be next level shit."

Swears are funny.

Jonathan Adler: Fashion Shows Can F*ck Up Your Entire Day [Styleite]
Living Large [Elle Decor]
My Interview with Jonathan Adler

16 comments:

margot said...

So true, even JA hasn't managed to invent the market for an "It" vase. Got to meet him at the NYIGF - career highlight! On another note, I also get some satisfaction out of swears - blogged about it here: http://www.margotaustin.ca/blog/the-magic.html

profuse apologies for using your comment stream to post a self-serving link -- wouldn't do it I didn't think you would enjoy. promise.

Rebecca (Reluctant Floridian) said...

Awesome. We should form a club: Chosen People Who Like to Swear While Throwing in Hip-Hop Slang. I'm not just a member...I'm also the president. Raina, you in?

Raina Cox said...

Margot - Thanks for that link! Everyone should hop over and read her post.

Rebecca - Totally in!

Karena said...

He couldn't be any more of a doll!! So lucky Raina!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

sherri said...

just read all of your ny posts, I am up to date on your trip. so amazing, so glad you had such a fantastic time!

The Down East Dilettante said...

Don't I know it, Mr. Adler, don't I know it....

alison@MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Gotta love a celeb who has his priorities intact.

nkp said...

Mr. P has a t-shirt that says, "Everybody Loves a Jewish Boy." JA certainly fits the bill.

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Guffaw!
Besides, just look at him -- could he be any more adorable? It's like, I barely even noticed the "it" vase but he could sell me his mother and I'd be a taker.
Yay for JA!
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

lemondropdreams said...

So true! My logic is people spend a load of money on their cars and designer clothes because no one really has to see where you live, so your home can look like a rat hole and no one will be the wiser...

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I never knew he was so badassical.

Wish he would infuse just a little bit of that into his interiors.

erin@designcrisis said...

Girl, you really have friends in high places!

Could he be any cuter?!

Rex Kelly said...

I have no words to say other than, El Oh El. To put it lightly, though, Raina, Adler is totally right, though. It's hard to convince people that the stuff you put in your home is as important, if not more so, than the stuff you put on your back. He's fighting the good fight of "next-level shit," though.

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

Hahaha. Swears are funny!

vicki archer said...

Love his thinking....xv

shaynna said...

In a world of being politically correct to the point of boredom this refreshingly hilarious!
Shaynna