Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's a helluva town

 New York, New York that is.  My plane touched down at 4:30pm, and the lovely and good-looking people of Brizo had a handsome gentleman waiting to help me with my luggage and show me to my car (that would be a chauffeured black BMW 7-series).  Turns out the gallant assistant lives in my old apartment building in Indianapolis.  That would be a sign from The Forces - this trip is going to be more fab than imagined!

I was whisked away to the Eventi hotel and the hippest room I've ever stayed in.  Dumplings, check it out including the desk chair with an NYC toile...





Brizo threw an awesomesauce cocktail party where I attempted to grope several good-looking men.  Hey, it's what I do.  Tomorrow, we have an intense day-long training session covering any and all things magical in the Brizo universe.  More touching and photos later, Dumplings...

P.S.  Nicole of Brooklyn Contessa has the most beautiful hair on the planet.  Seriously.  Dead Farrah Fawcett is so jealous.


FTC fine print: Brizo is paying for my airfare and travel expenses for this trip.

19 comments:

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

It was written...and this deliciousness was meant to be.
You see how the stars align when you decide not to stop blogging?
I'm so glad you're having a great time.
Enjoy all that groping and flirting -- I bet the gooseneck faucets are lovely ;)
Cheers friend, Alcira

PS, the melody of Hello Dolly's "Out There" keeps playing in my head!

nerochronicles.com

Robin said...

Lady, I love that you are livin' the high life. A chauffeured BMW? I will be riding the BUS tomorrow to get there!

PS - Kimpton Hotels are fab!

Design Junkie said...

How exciting for you!

Dane said...

Oh can't wait to hear the details! Sounds to me like you are going to have one fab trip.

*bisous*
Dane

parisapartment said...

Great digs! Enjoy your trip, I just discovered your blog and am loving it!

maison21 said...

grope one for me, honey!

Ann said...

Looks like you are going to have such a wonderful experience there...
enjoy!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Fancy! Have a good time in New York the weather blows here hopefully you don't get stuck in any crap like that.

Raina Cox said...

parisapartment - Hello to you and welcome to this deliciousness!

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

that bed looks like it slept real good.

but i am sads no pictures of gropable menz.

sherri said...

wowza - i am hearing sheila e's glamorous life as your theme song for this trip. can't wait to see more!

Kathy said...

Are you kidding me? That room is major! I love the NYC toile......glad that it's you that was annointed because now we can count on tons of great pics/design news/gossip/and maybe a few mini-dramas?! ;) k

Designers' Brew said...

I thought there was a certain *something* different in the city air last night...

:)

Can't wait to see you! Have fun fabulizing!

erin@designcrisis said...

Why why why did you not pack me in your suitcase?!

dwr said...

I just got off the phone with a client trying to explain why full length panels won't work on her stupid bay window.

I need some pampering mixed with inappropriate groping. I wonder if Starbucks will tide me over? I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time!

A Perfect Gray said...

do you need an intern? will work for cheap....

The Down East Dilettante said...

oh, my little man-groping honey-bunny, you have ARRIVED!

And how amazing is that Indiana connection? Six degrees always...

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

Very exciting! Cant wait to read and see more from your trip.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Raina Cox said...

parisapartment and Mr. Goodwill Hunting - Hello to both of you and welcome to this deliciousness!