Recent Posts

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kitchen novelty


My first mistake was checking out Z Gallerie to see if they've had a change of heart and stopped using "Jersey Shore" as product design inspiration.

My second mistake was being so intrigued by the category name "Kitchen Novelty" that my finger involuntarily clicked the link.

My third mistake was ever doubting that Z Gallerie could create anything lovelier than lucite angel wings or decorative bowls of faux human bones.  Then I saw the "Freeze" ice tray.  

Is your drink packin' heat? Well, cool it down with Freeze! pop a few rounds of these finely-tooled ice cubes into your beverages and watch things cool down.  They're just the thing for fully-loaded drinks!

Oh, Zoinks.  Don't ever change.  The blog fodder you provide is gold.

12 comments:

Peeke said...

These would actually be cool for a James Bond 007 themed cocktail party.

Raina Cox said...

Peeke - You're right! There's the silver lining.

Keri Batchelder Hoffman said...

when I went in there the other day I giggled and thought of you because everything was so SHINY! The shapes of certain things are nice but then they make them super bright and shiny and add nail heads. I do love my chandelier though :) Thanks for the post, sends me off to bed on a good note!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

The Z is a bit pricey. But I do want that oversized scale. Lol


Mr. Goodwill Hunting

sweetbittertart said...

Ooh Peeke and RC - the silver lining idea is awesomeness. We could throw these ice cubes into a menacing shark tank. I vote yes. : )

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Ha! Good Ole Z -- hey, I've managed to make a few things from that, er, reputable purveyor work over the years, but they do need to rethink and refine their product.

My main beef with them is that they've let my black, Mura-no chandelier grace their windows for far too long.

I sorta love the pistol cubes...."some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice"....carry on Frosty!
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

bahahha my friend loves this store I swear she pees her pants every time we go in there. I have to fake a "oh yeah that's awesome" when she picks up an item to show me.

erin@designcrisis said...

These are AWESOME.

dwr said...

I'm with Erin. I want some immediately.

Alexis L., The Studioist said...

I'd pay money to know the demographics of Z Gallerie shoppers. Not much money, mind you, but some.

tanisesther said...

I think that ice cube tray is from a (HILARIOUS) line called Fred. My favorite from them is called "frozen smiles" and they are denture ice cube trays. awesomeness.

They also have "gin & titonic" trays. Ice cubes in the shape of the Titanic...not is the best taste but clever none-the-less. Their entire line is pretty funny.

Their new "OCD cutting board" is priceless.

http://www.worldwidefred.com

I'm a former gift buyer, not a rep for Fred!

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

Shut the front door. These are AMAZING! R how can you hate them!!? They are so funny!