Recent Posts

Thursday, February 17, 2011

*That* Moroccan house 2.0

 Poolside Town & Country.

The Marrakech home of fashion designer Lisa Bruce is everywhere this month.  First a feature in the February/March issue of Elle Decor, then it was used as the backdrop in the new issue of Town & Country for an homage to Yves Saint Laurent's Moroccan lifestyle.

T&C's photo stylist took my leafblower advice and stripped the space of the visual clutter.

Poolside Elle Decor.

 Cabana Town & Country.

Cabana Elle Decor.

15 comments:

The mad woman behind the blog said...

Love!
If you'll excuse me, I may need some private time with these pictures.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Ok....well love the first image. I don't know about all the pink outside in the other two photos but I love it in that first one.

Robin said...

MUCH better. So glad they listened to you!

Dane said...

Good example of why home owners should never style their own home for shelter mags. It's a shame the Editor allowed the original shots to make it to print...not what I pay $ to see.

Dane

alison@MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Aaaaah...better.

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

how's the rest of the issue of T&C?

erin@designcrisis said...

Much better, although still not my jam.

What a difference a good stylist and photographer makes!

Sarah (La Maison Boheme) said...

Now I can breathe a little... much better all dressed down.

My Interior Life said...

Agreed. The leaner look wins hands down.

Raina Cox said...

MFAMB - A lot of discussion about what "socialite" means now and who are the new ones. Your basic Drucker kissassery.

sherri said...

i need some velvet next to a pool in fuchshia. yesterday.

nkp said...

Better.

Much.

Anonymous said...

Huge improvement. So much better.

Freddy J said...

the house is overdone, but sweet jesus, the pool!

Raina Cox said...

Freddy J - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!