Recent Posts

Monday, March 21, 2011

Let's hear it for the blogs!

I woke up to all manner of crazygoodness in my blog feed this morning and being a person of kind heart and generous spirit (shut it), I though it best to share...

The always dapper Rashon Carraway recently taped an appearance on the Nate Berkus Show.  If you haven't checked out Rashon's Mr. Goodwill Hunting blog, you're missing out on the brilliance of one of the world's most talented thrifters.

Modernsauce is my new Sapphic blog luvah.  She's funny as hell, swears like a sailor, and is currently in the (hilarious) throws of remodeling the most oddly-shaped kitchen.  You'll love her more than your luggage.

My local homefry, Jamie Foley, is sharing her concept boards for a new client based on Carrie and Big's faboo apartment from "Sex in the City 2: Perimenopausal Boogaloo."  Jamie has knocked this one outta the park!

Dios mio!  Today, Claire over at The Wandering Willow is serving up the tastiest hacienda ever.  It's a Spanish boho contempo paradise.

Jimmy the Undercover Designer is new to the blogosphere, but damn if I don't like his style.  The prettiest of pretty interiors, a sharp tongue, and a willingness to poke the bear.  Hmmm, reminds me of someone...

Chris of StyleNorth brings us the tale of the havoc a famous Canadian TV decorator has wreaked on a trusting client.  Mr. Jones doesn't name names, but this definitely looks like the work of someone who rhymes with Farrah Bitchardson.

The ever lovely Sue at The Zhush tells us how she found her interior designer, Lauren Muse.  Sue's gorgeous home was recently published in Cottages and Gardens magazine and it is something to behold.

If you have your eyeball on something at CSN, hop on over to Art and Interior to enter Petra's gift certificate giveaway.

And Besha'ah Tovah to Rebecca of The Reluctant Floridian who is expecting her first bambino!

26 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Lots of new to me blogs here -thanks Raina!!!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Oh such goodness you toss our way!
Go Mr. Goodwill Hunting! What a dapper don!
And now I must away to inspect and dissect the spoils ;)
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

A Perfect Gray said...

awesome round-up, raina. I liked seeing your spotlight on some I know and I'm looking forward to checking out those I haven't met yet. would you consider making this a habit/weekly thing? loved it...

donna

sanctuaryhome said...

Thanks for the mention, Raina! A bunch of new blogs that I hadn't discovered yet, will have do dedicate some time to digging through them this afternoon.

Rebecca (Reluctant Floridian) said...

Aw shucks, Raina! You put little old me (and my future spawn) in this collection of fanciness? You really know how to get a hormonal girl to cry. (On second thought, a lot of things make me cry these days, so maybe I won't hold you responsible for that...)

Appletree said...

woot woot!

nkp said...

Wow, that's a heck of a lot of design goodness to keep me busy. I had high plans to clean out the coat closet and then you go and do this. You will be hearing from your friend Mr. P. Consider yourself warned. ;0)

My Interior Life said...

Wow, what a rundown. I knew about Mr. GH but not the others. I must check out the blog that discusses the Canadian designer that rhymes with "Farrah Bitchardson" - that is priceless.

ModernSauce said...

Now I'm sending you positively INDECENT fondles. Thank you so much for the holler and for the other blogs to check out. You have excellent taste of course. ; )

The Zhush said...

Thanks for the bloggy love Raina! You're the best! Some of these other blogs are new to me...but if youre a fan, something tells me that I'm going to love 'em! Setting my DVR for Mr. Goodwill's episode, that's pretty cool news!

alison@MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Glad to have some new haunts - obrigada!

Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

Raina
Thank you so much :)
This is really great to have a mention on a blog I so much admire after such a short period of being a blogger.
you made it even more fun

The Down East Dilettante said...

right behind you on Jimmy Undercover (when can I take possession of that room?) and the boho hacienda. Me Want.

claire said...

Wow Raina!! Just spotted your mention of my blog in this post. Thanks so much. I've just started delving into the world of blogging and am loving it. Especially with nice peeps like you around. x

Madam Pince said...

Jesus in heaven! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Sarah Richardson is a bossy bitch. And I think Mr. GH is going to be my new best interweb friend.

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

what a great read...

my guess is mandice olsen.

Evie said...

I'm totally DVR-ing Nate just to watch Rashon...it's so exciting when one of our own gets to do something like that!

Debra Phillips said...

great.......actually thought i was going to get something done today, see that i found a great diversion, again!

The Fine Life said...

Thanks for the heads up to these blogs. I can’t wait to wade in. I may never surface!

P.S. My captcha for this comment is “Froista." Sounds like a great title for a blog...

ChrisToronto said...

Raina, I bow before you.
Thanks for the mention and for kicking off the comment stream, definitely one of the most heated discussions I've blogged about in some time. Today I posted a wee follow-up.

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

mandice or bitchardson??? Either way, what a horrible 100k disaster.. the floor mirror is SO beautiful though! shoot...

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

Raina,

Thanks for the love. You never cease to amaze me. And you know I mean this from the heart!!


Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Raina Cox said...

Evie - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

Anonymous said...

Hi Raina, The Style North article says the room turned out beige and boring - not a Sarah Richardson trait, nor Candice Olsen. I can think of another Toronto designer who DOES like beige and, maybe, could steamroller a client. But WHO spends $1000 on a pillow and $100 000 on a living/dining room. More dollars than sense.

Raina Cox said...

Anon 8:04 - Do email me and SPILL.

Dovecote Decor said...

Just found you! Loved the post! Drop by to see our fabulous imported French Basketeer Giveaway. To quote Andrea plastic bags are “so passé!”

Best,
Liz