Recent Posts

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Waiting for Lonny + some Curbed news

 My favorite Lonny photo ever.

While we're all waiting for the March/April issue of Lonny to go live, I thought I'd update you on my work at Curbed National.  Until the next crazypants celebrity tries his or her hand at decorating, Moonlighting will be on hiatus.  Instead I will be interviewing movers and shakers in the design world as only I can.  In the coming weeks, you can look forward to learning more about your favorite interior designers, shelter mag editors, product designers, and more.  And if there is anyone you'd love to know more about, leave a name (or two) in the comments.

12 comments:

Robin said...

Interview Orla Kiely! (insert evil laughter)

Raina Cox said...

Robin - Oh, you're BAD.

alison@MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Someone normally all "I-don't-do-interviews" proper - does Michael Smith fit that bill?

P.S. - I need some 'splainin for the Orla Kiely comment #lasttogetthejoke

Raina Cox said...

Alison - http://tinyurl.com/cb23dx

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Oh you tease you -- that room is easily my favorite space on this entire, vast planet, bar none.
And there you go dangling it so casually in our faces ;)
We're looking forward to whatever you foist our way, provided it's always done "as only you can."
Cheers, Alcira

nerochornicles.com

Sketch42 said...

My favorite too.

Madam Pince said...

Raina, you seem like just the person to get inside Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan's head. I read Apt Therapy religiously, but something about Max is off-putting.

Madam Pince said...

Also, where can I get a faux fur throw like the one draped over the ottoman (or whatever is that low-to-the-floor item in the foreground)? I've seen mega-bucks throws on Ebay, but there must be outlets with better prices.

I can't even go there with Orla Kiely. She has some very obvious issues, and I'm not even addressing her lack of talent.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I am super duper excited for these interviews!! Super Duper!

Molly Loot!

Raina Cox said...

Madam Pince - Overstock.com is a great place to start for faux fur throws at a good price.

bomm said...

I love Steven Gambrel's use of fabrics and patterns in newest HB. Please interview him and ask probing questions about how he gets curtains right! He uses strong fabrics that don't becoming focal points in themselves and don't seem fussy or ornate. Ceilings aren't even that high. How does he pull this off? (I just made a really expensive curtain mistake. Can you tell?)

Raina Cox said...

bomm - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness! I will put Mr. Gambrel on the list.