Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Like I need an excuse to shop


Today, CB2 announced a free shipping special through June 30th on furniture orders $1000 and above.  Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit!  Time to go shopping.


I've had the Tesso bookcase on my wish list since forever.  I need two for the dining area of my kitchen:

This is when we first moved in.  That ceiling fan is gonzo.

In a few weeks, we're removing ripping down with abandon and glee the wallpaper and the goofy buffet and desk.  The Tessos (Tessi?) will be replacing the built-ins.  The combed plaster wall to the right and the ceiling are now BM's Navajo White, and I'm going to paint or paper a pop of color (shut it) in the little nook-ity nooks where the bookcases will rest.  Also, I will be snapping off each vertical blind slat one by one while cackling like Paula Deen in a dairy barn.

Now, I only need to spend another $402 to save myself the standard $79 shipping fee.  Dude, I'm making money.

18 comments:

Robin said...

Biscuit!

(Well you said to)

Love the shelves, can't wait to see the results of your gleeful destruction.

Wendy said...

God, I love the way you think!

David said...

I like those shelves too. You're the best good furniture aggregator. Off to look.

Mrs BC said...

I cannot WAIT to work Butter my Butt & call me a Biscuit into everyday conversation!
x

TamStyles said...

dude help me make some to ...love those.

Ann said...

Those shelves will look good and be useful anywhere... ♥

The Zhush said...

Dude, you ARE so money! Loving the idea of those bookcases, and really loving the idea of those bookcases right there...can't wait to see the afters!

Appletree said...

that is how I do math too! the mister does not agree. sigh.

Teri said...

Dude, you have to spend $402- free shipping!

Kathy said...

You will definitely lose money if you don't spend more.......k

Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

YEs they will look great once you remove the buffet and desk.

Cathy Wall said...

My accountant husband calls that "spending money to save money" and gets a bit nervous when I do it! Love the shelves and I'm sure you will not have trouble getting to the $1000 mark at CB2, can't wait to see your other picks...
Cathy

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Ha! Luvs it!
Can't wait to see the reveal.
Cheers and good luck with the "pop of color", Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I see we share a certain "logic". Carry on with your fabulousness!

lucitebox said...

"butter my butt and call me a biscuit.."

"...while cackling like Paula Deen in a dairy barn."

Girl, you totally crack me up!

SHERRY HART said...

Ha! My husband thinks everything cost $100.00...cause that is what I tell him...he thinks furniture is REALLY cheap. God...I hope he does not start up a conversation about home decor with someone one day....I'll be taking a dirt nap.

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

Paperrrrrrr the ceiling!! And hells ya to ripping out plaster and vertical blinds.

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Still hugely jealous of your home. The huge ass partys you could throw in your dinning room I can barely fit a table in mine. Damn you little dinning room!