Recent Posts

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Please help Charlie


When you join the blogosphere, you make life connections.  You meet people you wouldn't otherwise and come to know their stories.  Some make us laugh, some make us cry and some open new worlds.

I want to introduce you to Charlie Greenman, who today turns eight months.  His wonderful Mommy, Sarah Greenman, writes La Maison Boheme.  Sweet Charlie suffered a stroke in utero, possibly as the result of a condition known as craniosynostosis.  Charlie's skull plates fused together in the womb and he now requires surgery to separate them. 


While the Greenmans have insurance, this operation is considered out-of-network and will be extremely costly.  Charlie's big brother Walker has created some fantastic art that Sarah is selling on Etsy to raise funds.


I would encourage you to take a moment to learn of Charlie's story and then stop by Walker's Etsy shop to support his baby brother's recovery.  If you wish to join today's blog linking for Charlie, feel free to use the information in this post or stop by La Maison Boheme.

May Charlie's healing journey be swift, painless and complete.

12 comments:

Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

Remarkable and sad story. So nice of you to post it. I will post it too even though I am sure everyone that comes to my blog already reads yours, but maybe it helps in some way.

Teri said...

Oh my. and WTF- insurance!

Heading over to Etsy and La Maison Boheme.

DaniBP said...

Thanks for telling us about Charlie. What a great smile he has! I'll head on over now to check out Walker's Etsy Shop.

erin@designcrisis said...

How the FUCK can this operation not be covered by insurance???? That is RIDICULOUS, America!

Donating now.

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

So hope everyone links over and donates to help sweet Charlie.

nkp said...

I have my post ready to go tomorrow. How amazing would it be if the power of many continued to laud Charlie's cause! I second all of your wishes for this beautiful baby boy and his family-swift, painless, and complete!

Appletree said...

team Charlie unite!

Designers' Brew said...

her shop is sold out! Nice job, blog-linkers. :)

Madam Pince said...

I just went ahead and sent money through the Paypal link on Sarah's blog. The insurance company refusing to pay for this should be ashamed of themselves. Thank you, Raina, for making us aware. The posse and I will be praying for all of the Greenmans.

sherri said...

uggh. off to Sarah's blog to try to help. the etsy shop is sold out already, but I'll check back. Thanks for posting this, Raina. I feel for this family. I love Walker's art, too!

suise q said...

I just cannot imagine what the Greenmans are going through. I’m praying. Thank you, Raina.

Sarah (La Maison Boheme) said...

The Help Charlie Heal art card shop is restocked again! Thank you to everyone for your support and outpouring of love.