Recent Posts

Monday, April 25, 2011

When wallpaper transcends


So I'm flipping around the Australian House & Garden website looking for some inspiration from Down Under, and I spy a wallpaper that stops me dead in my tracks - "Skater" from Sixhands.  The color is Watermelon, the design is transcendent and I want to know in which state is it legal to marry wall finishes (something tells me Mississippi).

 

Sixhands is a Sydney-based textile house producing fabrics, wallpapers and area rugs for use in fashion and interior design.  Founded in 2006 by Brianna Pike, Alecia Jensen and Anna Harves, the Aussie company also offers custom colorways of existing patterns and bespoke designs.  I want these three women nominated immediately for the Nobel Prize in Awesomeness.


 Parlour Paradiso repeat.



 Blue Gum repeat.


 Bonfire repeat.




 Zulu Efuru repeat.


Eden panel full length.

While researching Sixhands, I came across a fab post about the company at Bijou and Boheme.  Great minds and all.

Sixhands [official site]
Australian House & Garden [official site]
Wednesday Wallpaper - Sixhands [Bijou and Boheme]

23 comments:

Things That Sparkle said...

Wow. I am in awe. That last paper is absolutely insane. Thank you for the introduction, not sure how I missed this one over at Christine's!

Appletree said...

good find! gorgeousness all around.

YHBHS said...

Zulu Efuru paper.

wow!

Robin said...

Oooooh, I love that last one. Simply gorgeous.

Interior Design Musings said...

It is totally deeeevine. I think if I had this in my house I would feel glam all the time. Would make me want to walk around with a martini all day!! M.

Millie said...

Love that you are having a mini-Aussie theme week here Raina!
Millie x

Raina Cox said...

Millie - I tell you what... there's some truly fine design happenin' Down Under.

alison@MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Yowza!

Jodi said...

HAha......I have to tell you that the state would be Arkansas, I was born in Mississippi and this sort of thing is strictly - not allowed!

BTW - the wallpaper is gorgeous!

erin@designcrisis said...

Holy Zulu amazingness!

Rebecca (Reluctant Floridian) said...

Oh man, I want them all!

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

Big cheers for good wallpaper. Love it..

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Geeeeyawww.
Awesomeness.
Lick walls much?
Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Alexandra Rae said...

Never heard of them, but I'm in love. Thanks for the intro. I just might finally finish my own master bedroom.

ModernSauce said...

I know a blog that should be nominated for the Nobel Prize of Awesomeness!! I lurve me some good pattern - all kinds of goodness seems to be coming from the Down Under lately!

nanne said...

the first room is brilliant! so much going on, but so well designed and contained.

that watermelon wallpaper wants me--it's mutual.

nanne in columbus, indiana

Teri said...

there is no need for sex tonight, this wallpaper took care of me.

What room could I do? How will I convince my husband to do it?

Evie said...

That skater wallpaper is just a show stopper!

tulpen said...

bird kite... love.

maison21 said...

good stuff, and i love that the "eden" panels don't look like anything else on the market.

SHERRY HART said...

I feel like a crack head looking at those papers....want.

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Sixhands rocks my face off- utterly divine. That pinky/coral parrot print will be mine in the fabric version. And thank you so much for the mention- very appreciated!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, we love you guys!

Its The Hands here, we have read all your posts and feel overwhelmed and inspired, thanks for making us laugh & sharing the love!

We are so excited to announce that yesterday Sixhands finally added a sign-up feature [woohooo!] to our website http://sixhands.com.au/sixhandsInterior/contact.html#subscribe
we'd love to keep in touch with all of you & let you know about all the exciting Sixhands products coming your way.