Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I won Matthew Patrick Smyth's new book!

I never win anything. Ever. But recently, this lucky ducky won a copy of the fab new book Living Traditions: Interiors by Matthew Patrick Smyth.  And I have lovely Jane Kilpatrick Schott of Empress of the Eye to thank!

Monsieur Smyth is the auteur of such mindbending-ly gorgeous spaces such as this bedroom in London.

And this beautifully composed corner of a Manhattan apartment.


Smyth also created one of the prettiest rooms at this year's Kips Bay Decorator Show House.

The cherry on the top of this deliciousness is that Mr. Matthew personally inscribed my copy.

For more on the book (styled by the blogosphere's other Raina), check out Paulette Pascarella's recent interview with Smyth.

Matthew Patrick Smyth [official site]
Empress of the Eye [official site]
A Stylist's Life [official site]
In Good Company: Matthew Patrick Smyth [Dialog with Paulette Pascarella]

17 comments:

Jessie said...

Congratulations on winning the book! This seems like a great book, I will be checking out the websites when I get a chance!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

A Perfect Gray said...

wonderful inscription. congratulations on your win! donna

DaniBP said...

I won a design book on a blog and I freaked out. First thing I ever did win.
Yours is a beaut. Love the inscription too.
xo Dani

YHBHS said...

Gorgeous! I'm glad that book found a great home....

David

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Oh my! This certainly merits a celebration!
Champagne and bubbles bequeathed to you as you read by candlelight in the tub...oh but wait, you've got a shower now, don't you? ;)
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Sarah (La Maison Boheme) said...

Bitchin'!

Madam Pince said...

What a sweet and classy inscription! Can't imagine a better winner than you, Raina.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Well that's just too cute. This has really been your breakout year! Best to you and congrats!!!!!

First House on the Right said...

CONGRATULATIONS, good on you! Love that he personally inscribed your copy. Nicolex

dave said...

Yay for you! And I never heard of this guy before, but I'm now a fan. Those rooms are beautiful. Talented and gracious -- nice combination!

meenal @ maison marigold said...

wow..congratulations..the personal note makes it even more special! have a lovely day..do visit my blog when you have a moment..xx meenal

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

hot dayum I love that bedroom. And now I know he's the designer. good stuff.

Congrats and enjoy your reading!

Erin said...

Jelz! I am obsessed with those abacus chairs.

alison@MyLittleHappyPlace said...

NO FAIR!
signed,
Pouty McPouty

Evie said...

That personal inscription is awesome!

Lausi said...

Congrats, that's really AWESOME :))))

And GORGEOUS pictures you posted here!

eileen said...

Well deserved, Ms. Raina. Yay for you!