Recent Posts

Monday, May 30, 2011

On the agenda


Everyone has their DVR set for tonight's premiere of Bravo's Million Dollar Decorators, right? Summer is kicking off with drama, design and heavy drinking (this cast enjoys their cocktails). Each Wednesday at noon EST over at Curbed National, I will be recapping the previous evening's episode as only I can - with snark, sass and sly innuendo.

 The GE Monogram Design Center in New York's A&D Building.

Next month, I will be flying to Louisville at the invitation of GE Monogram Appliances to attend their Designer Sessions at the company's headquarters. At the Monogram Training Center, an exclusive group of interior designers (including yours truly) will be introduced to and receive training on GE's luxury appliance line. We will also enjoy hands-on training by professional chefs in the Cooking Gallery. This will be such an amazing experience and a fab kickoff to my research for our upcoming kitchen remodel.


So a girl can't show up to such an event in just any old thing. Even though the trip is three weeks away, I'm already packing. And I'm eyeballing a few pieces from Anthro, including this tank, these earrings and this necklace.

I meant to get out this weekend to try things on, but the lure of my hubby's BBQ and a soft bed kept me home. What were you (U.S.) Dumplings up to this holiday weekend?

FTC fine print: GE Monogram appliances is paying for my airfare and all travel expenses for this trip.

Million Dollar Decorators [official site]
Million Dollar Decorators on Gold-Leaf Garages, Housewives and More! [Curbed National]
GE Monogram Design Center [official site]
GE Monogram appliances [official site]

15 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Well, I am excited about the show but your recaps will make it even more view-worthy!!

Sharon @ Real Estate Resuscitation said...

I have considerable stress over this show b/c I don't know of any way I can watch it "over here". I thought moving away would rid me of my love for the Bravo channel, but no such luck. I did watch the video clip online last night of Martyn Lawrence-Bullard's home tour. I wanted to pour cream all over that place and eat it with a spoon.

PS - You look very pretty in your new profile picture.

formerlyonlyamovie said...

What a fun trip to look forward to...

We are counting down the school year and awaiting our new dog this week. Fun weekend. xo

Ann said...

Oh that should be interesting...
looking forward to your snarky comments after ♥

Jessie said...

I have been waiting for this show forever! Thanks for the reminder. :)Love the cute top, by the way.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Jane Kilpatrick Schott said...

I agree...your recaps will make this program all the better. Congrats on the trip to Louisville...will you be starting up a cooking blog next?

alison@MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Super-psyched you'll be recapping, as I'll be unable to watch :(

What we did: Brazilian Road Trip!

Hope your weekend was grand!

ModernSauce said...

My goal is to make the GE Experience just like an episode of Million Dollar Decorators...

Erin said...

Dude! Jelous. Is the Madame going, too? EXTRA jealous.

Raina Cox said...

Sharon - I'll let you know if the episodes go up on Hulu or some similar sharing site.

Jane - No cooking blog for me. The design aspect is far more interesting.

ModernSauce - Oh, you know it.

Erin - Yup, me and the Madame and several other of our good friends. I'm sure we'll both be blogging the hijinks.

My Interior Life said...

Can't wait for tonight and to hear your take the next day. So excited! And your GE Monogram session sounds like such fun! And your outfit choice is wonderful, of course. Love that top!

Tara Dillard said...

Million dollar moniker made me think.

I am a million dollar designer. Me, & my contractor + furniture/carpet/paint/lighting/stone/plant/pool/flooring vendors do million + yearly.

I'm the smallest piece of the pie. Yet, I start the snowball for all that lovely money.

Who's paying attention?

Ha, my vendors & contractor. The larger business world pays zero attention to my enterprise.

There are lots of other Tara Dillard's out there.

Congrats on your new gig!!

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

hush said...

My DVR is set, and I'll definitely be tuning in afterwards 'round here for some delightful snark.

Flo said...

I LOVE that diagonally-striped top from Anthropologie. Hope you picked it up to keep.

The Down East Dilettante said...

Bring me back a kitchen, will you?

And I don't know beans about fashion (yeah, right, like I'm going to hand in my gay card), but I know what I like, and that tank is verrrry good.