Recent Posts

Friday, May 13, 2011

Sneak peek of Iris Apfel's HSN line


Yesterday, news broke that octogenarian trend-setter Iris Apfel would soon be debuting a 13-piece costume jewelry collection on HSN.  Today, Racked NY has the first photo of the line.  Called "Rara Avis" after the 2005 Metropolitan Museum of Art exhibition of Apfel's idiosyncratic wardrobe, the collection will be priced from $20 to $180. 

HSN Accessories Preview [Racked NY]
Rara Avis: Selections from the Iris Barrel Apfel Collection [The Metropolitan Museum of Art]

10 comments:

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

What a hoot!

Oh well, and there I was thinking I was the only Rara Avis about town ;)
Hope she sells out on the first showing!
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Modern Country Lady said...

Good for her! Way to go, octogenarian !! Hope she sells and sells like hotcakes.
Maybe an idea for one of your give-aways...... mmmmmm not a bad thought , eh ! ;-)))
Have a great weekend Raina!!!
Bea

Flo said...

If you love Iris and her look like I do, don't miss this:

http://www.designs2wear.com/cart/home.php?cat=306

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh they all look so gorgeous! I agree I hope that they all sell so quickly for her! I am new to your blog and am so glad that I found it!!

Raina Cox said...

Alicia - Hello and welcome to this deliciousness!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

I just read the AD article and saw her amazing coloful apartment while getting highlights at the hair salon! It was amazing how she had jewelry setting around in trays and such. Only Iris could pull that off!!!

I guess you better be wearing one of her pieces for the next time you two meet up :)

David said...

Alright Iris! Interesting pieces, still very wearable, and the dice bracelet is just plain fun.

I can't wait to see you rock the turquoise beads.

Raina Cox said...

Flo - Thanks for that tip! I wonder why that collection hasn't received much (any) press coverage?

Anonymous said...

The Toucan pin is a copy from an independent designer, so sad and unnecessary
http://www.seaofshoes.typepad.com/

Raina Cox said...

Anon 3:38 - I saw that. It took a little shine off my Apfel love.