Recent Posts

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lonny - lots of goodies and a clunker


The July/August issue of Lonny is chock full of tasty goodness, from one of the better travel/shopping guides I've seen to the debut of Hammocks and High Tea's fall collection. The only misstep is an odd Miami condo sparsely populated with poorly-scaled pieces. Onto the yum...

 Oh good Lord, this is GLORIOUS.

 This chair has more curves than a Kardashian ass.

 Lord Fustypants juxtaposed with a gilded baby doll head - YES.

 I am totally stealing this bedside table idea.

 Ruthie Sommers. Does anyone do color better?

 Every powder room should be a sybaritic escape.

 This desk is from Zoinks?! Wow.

Okay. You should never ever merchandise your home. Ever ever.

13 comments:

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Hey, I kinda dug the Miami condo -- kudos to Michelle Adams for dippin' her toes into design all while juggling the travails of editorial and making cameos with Nate Berkus. After all, it's a second home, so perhaps in those cases, less is more.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

NK: Style-ING w/ Children said...

leave it to you Raina to be the first one with a review :) I'll be taking it all in over the next few days. Thanks for the heads up that Lonny is out! :)

Madam Pince said...

I like the condo bedroom, but other than that, I totally agree with you, Raina. ***Shudder***

classic • casual • home said...

I do love that white desk.

classic • casual • home said...

PS And I can never find anything at Z gallery

ModernSauce said...

I don't love that entry room as much as you (sowwwy!) but I thought this issue was pretty good too!

Erin said...

Ruthie Sommers and that brown couch room just blew my mind up into tiny happy bits.

Anonymous said...

Was that shelf really merchandized? I just thought it looked like pretty stuff on a shelf?

Denise said...

I love that last picture, the one of the shelf! It's gorgeous! The entry hall picture is pretty great, too.

Jill said...

Agreed...the double garden stool is great. And I love the brown velvet/mohair? sofa

Margaret said...

I'm with Anonymous in wondering why you consider the shelf arrangement as "merchandised"? I am quite sure that if you schooled us on the differences between "merchandised" and "displayed", the comments generated would be priceless.

Raina Cox said...

Margaret - An excellent post idea - thank you! And welcome!

Margaret said...

If you blog it, people will read it. And thanks for the welcome sans snark.