Recent Posts

Friday, July 1, 2011

Nick Olsen brings the squee

 Bjorn Wallander for House Beautiful.

Who else is madly in love with this wee apartment decorated by the ever darling Nick Olsen? It makes my inner girly girl go "Squee!" and, Dumplings, you know I'm not wont to do that. 

 Bjorn Wallander for House Beautiful.

Ruffly curtains, a sweet floral print tempered by strong Chinese Red chests, and an abundance of fresh flowers. I'm almost tempted to bust out a "J'adore" or "swoon." Almost.

 Bjorn Wallander for House Beautiful.

And I don't think I'll ever be over chevron. He has definitely inherited former boss Miles Redd's knack for using bold color to perfection.

If you haven't checked out Nick's blog, you're missing out on some pretty fab design cheekiness. Please to enjoy a video tour of his photographer friend's apartment.



How to Decorate Small Spaces [House Beautiful]
Nick Olsen blog [official site]

12 comments:

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Supah-fab,

That Nick's got some spunk alright.
Love the dripping art vignette.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Karena said...

He is super! My 11 yr old granddaughter Isabella is loving this room!! The chevron chest....she is wanting badly!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Erin said...

Mugatu better watch out... Nick is nipping at his heels.

Love everything except I am concerned about the teeny rug situation.

meenal@maison marigold said...

Love Nick and his blog ..and this room is just fabulous..so much beauty in such a small space..that takes some real talent..xx meenal

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

three thumbs up. I've been wanting to do a similar treatment to my boring doors.

Jessie said...

I love the treatment on the doors and the chevron dresser.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Anonymous said...

Please don't "squee." That's not what we come here for.

And you're not "wont" to do that.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I got this issue of HB last night. Literally could not stop looking at this apartment. Outta the park!

ModernSauce said...

I just got my HB last night and had the exact same reaction to this space - there was swooning and squeeing and general girl noises. His blog makes me giggle too.

Also, thanks for going ahead and posting these images JUST in case I need to steal them for future posts... ; )

Bromeliad said...

Also love his DIY mentality.

tenderleaf said...

Kelly Green makes me happy.

Appletree said...

best HB in a long time