Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My interview with Nathan Turner


Last week, I had the most fun chatting with Nathan Turner of Million Dollar Decorators. He is exactly as you see him on the show - sunny, funny and a quick wit.

As I was wrapping things up and thanking him for his time, he told me he was familiar with my work...

Nathan: You know I look at Curbed and all those crazy recaps all the time.

Me: Oh no! [Laughs nervously.]

Nathan: I was told “Don’t read any of it” - rule number one. And I was like “Oh no no no. You’re right! It will be terrible.” And I just couldn’t help myself. Well, that’s not completely true. My assistant Carrie was always looking at them and was like “Oh my God. Oh my God.” And I was like “Don’t tell me, Oh, don’t tell me.” And then she was like “You know what? No one is being really mean to you.” And I was “Okay, I’ll look at it.” And you were fine. You weren’t really mean. Some of them are really mean, but you weren’t mean. You were more funny. I can take it. Hey, if you can’t laugh at yourself then just jump off the bridge.

Catch the full interview over at Curbed National!

17 comments:

Appletree said...

ACK! he reads you!! cool.

David said...

Reading that makes me adore him even more.

A Perfect Gray said...

this straight gal has a crush on that 'sloppy cousin' gay dude.

red.neck chic said...

Oh... I love him...

Fabiana ~ Ciao Newport Beach said...

Great interview! He so cute and funny! (and talented)

ciao

Kristen said...

so funny! he is awesome - wonderful interview!

Margaret said...

He's cool, so right about trusting your own instincts. So what if it produces snark? You can't please everyone.

Camilla @ Designalogue said...

Fabulous!
You so move in the cool crowd now R!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

My favorite interview so far. I feel like I know/love him even more!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

AND SHE'S BACK!
Thank God.
And he's adorable.
Natch.
Love that tie, sir.
Cute as a button.

Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Karena said...

He is really a doll and he really gets you Raina, one of the most important things to be able to laugh at oneself!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

I like this guy
I like pick up trucks

Miss Rubio said...

Very very cool...he is pretty awesome.

The Zhush said...

omg, now I love him even more! off to read curbed, and sunny! what a good word for him!

Erin said...

He is such a cutie pie!

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

omg i'd pee if someone was reading what I wrote about them!

yay for a little dose of la lamp :)

(ps opening nexttt week-ish! I'll send you pics.. )

xooxox

Eileen said...

There's very little I j'adore or swoon for, but I definitely heart Nathan! He needs his own show.

(Yay that he reads your recaps!)