Recent Posts

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar schmattas and snark

Awesome. I wish she was taking applications for best friend.
Goddess Melissa McCarthy in Marina Rinaldi.

My Hollywood doppelganger, if I dropped 100 lbs and had crap taste in men.
Sandra Bullock in Marchesa.

 I'm pretty sure that's a baked potato on her hip.
George Clooney in Armani and Stacy "High-rent Beard" Keibler in Marchesa.

 
My bathrobe is not half as glamorous.
Meryl Streep in Lanvin.

Simple, graphic and gorgeous.
Judy Greer in Monique Lhuillier and Jane Seymour in Pamella Roland.

Looks like the detox is working, and Mrs. Firth believes in a cup half full.
Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace and Livia Firth in Valentino.

 Mother of the bride at an evening wedding in Poughkeepsie.
Glenn Close in Zac Posen.

 Natural hair and glam green gowns.
Viola Davis in Vera Wang and Esperanza Spalding.

 Not sure what all the fuss was about.
Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton and Jessica Chastain in McQueen.

 Neutral and boooooring. Also, I want to FedEx Miss Mara a sandwich.
 The GOOPster in Tom Ford, Milla Jovavich in Elie Saab, 
Rooney Mara in Givenchy, and Cameron Diaz in Gucci.

 Tina Fey finally gets the red carpet right in Carolina Herrera.

She's thinking "FIERCE!" and I'm thinking "The Oscar goes to Spanx."
Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad.

 Harvey Weinstein and Georgina Chapman in Marchesa.
Anyone else breathing a sigh of relief little India dodged that genetic bullet?

My faves. 
Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli, Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji, 
and Virginia Madsen in Kevan Hall.

And the funniest "oops" of the evening, if only because I've dealt 
with Bo Derek on several occasions and she's insufferable...
  

All photos by Josh Haner for The New York Times.

10 comments:

Jane said...

What is Angelina doing with Her Leg? She looks like one of my daughter's Barbie dolls where the leg has been twisted in the socket the wrong way. Really spooky.

Agree with you on all others.

xo

Camilla @ Designalogue said...

Maybe its because I'm a single gal nowadays, but I really wanna touch JLo's boobs.

Nick Klaus said...

I can confirm Stacy Keibler's beard status.

David said...

You got this up so fast last night! (My laptop is down and I'm too lazy to comment from my phone)

Call me crazy, I thought the Goopster looked fabulous.

But most of all, you can't leave us hanging on Bo Derek like that!

God I'm glad you're back.

Raina Cox said...

Jane - Did you see her fling it out and pose while presenting? Bizarre.

Camilla - I don't think she'd have minded.

Nick - Do tell!

David - When I was in college, I worked at a clothing store near Santa Barbara. She used to come in from time to time and was always rude. Her husband, John Derek, was pretty chill though.

Robin said...

Angie's gam has it's own twitter account and already has 20K followers: http://twitter.com/AngiesRightLeg

Mrs. Firth usually looks lovely but that red dress was just awful. Colin should leave her over that dress. I am happy to console him.

WHERE have I been for the past 10 years? I had no idea John Corbett has been shacking up with Bo since 2002. I have had a crush on him since Northern Exposure and now I think I am going to be ill.

hush said...

Agree with you on all of the above. Emma Stone wins.

Beard? Wait, what?? That is kind of awesome and would explain a lot.

Raina Cox said...

Robin - Don't they make the strangest couple?

hush - Supposedly Clooney's longtime lover poses as his staff hairstylist, and they live as a couple when they're at the Lake Como house. Hawt goss!

La Maison Boheme said...

I don't know... I really loved Jessica Chastain's McQueen garb. I love me some gold and black on a red head.

Marzz said...

I wish I'd seen this post earlier. You are HILARIOUS! Now I want to hear your Bo Derek story.