Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Where I've been for the past two weeks


Dumplings, I'm so sorry to have finally come out of hiding a couple of weeks ago only to disappear again, but I have a good excuse. We took our first family trip to the cultural center of mid Florida - Disney World!

Last summer, The Pea saw an ad on the Disney Channel for a new Little Mermaid ride. Her eyeballs nearly fell out of her head - "Mama, she's alive!" I introduced her to the Disney Parks website and forever changed her world. We booked our vacation over six months ago, and the timing turned out to be perfect. I've been dealing with aging parent issues for the past few months and needed a break.

 Pea met every last Disney Princess. Mulan taught her to walk like a boy.

 Pea and Pooh. (Yes, I am twelve years old.)

 Captain Jack Sparrow caught off-guard by the littlest pirate...

 ...who then insisted on a pirate empress makeover.

Disney Parks have the best people watching, bar none.

We'll be back to our regularly-scheduled snark bloggin' in the next few days. After I climb a mountain of laundry and get Her Royal Highness settled back into her glitter-free daily routine.

14 comments:

Cathy Wall said...

Pink parasols and middle aged men, now that is definitely some good people watching! Sounds like Pea found her nirvana and you got a much needed break, good for all of you.
Cathy

sanctuaryhome said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Disney update. So excited to see Her Royal Highness in all her Princess Pirate glory! Hurry up and get through that laundry.

Robin said...

My how the lovely Pea has grown! Glad you got to relax and experience princess paradise. I wonder if that man knows he is now famous?

Juliab said...

She looks so so happy which makes for happy parents too. I thought I was going to hate Disneyland but we all had the best time. Good luck with the laundry mountain. x

Appletree said...

she's a doll!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

I'm loving this comeback!
The gorgeous Pea appears to be on cloud nine in every last shot.
And thank you, thank you, thank you for dressing her like a little girl and not a mini-real housewife.
So glad you all had a fantasy-filled reprieve and that you're back to the blog with a bang.
Good luck with the return to the laundry fold -- we had the same sort of volcanic mountain from hell after our recent mere 4 days in Cancun.
Love ya and that you're back, cheers, xoxo Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Teri said...

What a wonderful trip! I can not believe how grown up Pea is!

Annie Smith said...

Pea and poo...that one almost slipped passed me! haha

So glad you are back!

hush said...

May the glitter disappear soon!

Alex Fulton Design said...

Pea-tastic! Great to see you back...

Katharine said...

Love the Disney pics. I didn't go until I was 18...fail parents! What aging issues are you dealing with? Curious b/c I am also.

Raina Cox said...

Katharine - Dementia. It's been a difficult couple of months.

Rebecca said...

She is way too cute! Love her piratess gear.

Lausi said...

Your daughter is such a beautiful and precious little girl. I hope she and your family will continue to give you strength in dealing with your "aging parents" issues.

We've been through this with our grandparents recently and I know how heartbreaking it can be to deal with dementia.

Sending lots of good thoughts your way, Raina!