Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Channel your inner Prep this summer


I am bombarded with press releases on a daily basis, mostly for bizarre contemporary furniture from former Soviet republics. Once in a blue moon something kinda awesome hits my inbox, and today was just such a day.

The lovely Tamra from Gallant & Jones wanted let me know all about the fab deck chairs she makes with her BFF Gwyneth (who is from the UK but is not the humblesmug American expat married to a clueless rock star).

The chairs (US$280-400) are handcrafted in Vancouver, BC, CanadaLand, warrantied and feature exclusive designs. For each chair purchased, a tree is planted through the Love Trees Project. Matching footstools are also available.

Gallant & Jones [official site]


4 comments:

The Down East Dilettante said...

Some of the happiest, laziest moments of my younger life were spent in chairs like these, found in old second hand shops. Extra points for the ones with detachable slatted foot rests.

Chris said...

Hi Raina, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

designchic said...

Now that's a win win situation...adore the stripe!! Can almost feel the comfort...

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

I'll take the banana leaf chair please and thank you!