Recent Posts

Thursday, April 19, 2012

IKEA's 2012 PS Collection


Every three years since 1995, IKEA has debuted a new PS Collection (short for "Post Scriptum"). The 2012 introductions include 46 items from 19 designers who were challenged to source the company's archives for inspiration. The silhouette of the "Easy" chair, above, was taken from the frame of a 1950s lounge chair. The collection will bow in stores this August.

 Image via Dwell.

The red wall sconce, $49.99, comes in a Serge Mouille-ish black!

The entire PS 2012 collection assembled on IKEA's Swedish factory floor.

11 comments:

sanctuaryhome said...

Could this require a special Designerds trip?

Raina Cox said...

sanctuaryhome - Uh, most definitely.

liza said...

Well I may have to make a special trip to Denver in August. Sweet!

Raina Cox said...

liza - I live ten minutes from it and would love to meet you!

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

that lamp in black is going to be super popular.

Interior Design Musings said...

Have ever do you find these things out, my friend! So so interesting. Can't wait to see that swing arm lamp. M.

Raina Cox said...

jules - You are so right.

Interior Design Musings - I spend waaay too much time on the interwebs. And I'm with you on that lamp. I'm determined to find a spot for a pair of them.

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Those sconces in black are mine. Those chairs aren't too mad either.

Thanks for sharing Raina! I need some sconces, affordable ones that is. I shall now wait impatiently. Have a super weekend!

Bri

Modern Country Lady said...

Ikea never fails to amaze me.I just hate shopping there, the experience is like being in one of the circles of hell.

Juliab said...

The Easy chair looks amazing from the side, not so much from the front. Just as well as my husband HATES going to Ikea.

Raina Cox said...

Juliab - I thought the same thing. And in some photos the green in great and in others it's a sort of weird neon apple color.