Recent Posts

Thursday, April 19, 2012

James Nares for Coach


 If you're a badass painter who swings from the rafters


 to create hyperkinetic dancing swirls of color


 and your art hangs in some pretty swank surroundings,


 aren't you at least a little bit embarrassed to lend your genius 
to the leading purveyor of suburban mall handbags?


The 5-piece collaboration of artist James Nares and Coach debuts tomorrow at select Coach stores (meaning you may be out of luck Coach Pinnacle Hills Promenade in Rogers, Arkansas) and on the company's website. The bags will retail for $798, which is slightly less than another well-known and ridiculously over-priced canvas satchel.


Photos: 1. via Breaking Down the Big Beige Box, 2. via Tom Moody, 3. Patrick Cline for Lonny, 4. William Waldron for Elle Decor, 5. Courtesy Coach via Style File blog.

9 comments:

Margaret said...

It's only a matter of months before the satchels are available through "Payless", or "Marshalls" if you must be so snobby.

Juliab said...

Something went very wrong somewhere along the line.

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Be still my heart -- the brushstrokes, not the bag, mind you.
Yes, I'm not quite sure what to make of the world these days. Is nothing sacred anymore?
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Oh, and I would just like to reiterate to no one in particular that image three is quite simply my favorite space of all time....ever.
Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Kristin Gilbertson said...

I thought he was kind of gimmicky to begin with. call me a cynic.

court. said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


wow. my heart just broke. my favorite artist just sold out. big time.


wow. that's worse than my stepbrother telling me that my dad was santa.

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Why? On a bag it just looks dumb. Especially a Coach. Super dumb.

Bromeliad said...

I want to tile my floors in a swinging harness.

Raina Cox said...

Bromeliad - I want photos of that.