Recent Posts

Monday, April 30, 2012

Veranda, I wish I could quit you

Max Kim-Bee for Veranda.

Just when I'm about to say "Adios!" to my Veranda subscription, the new issue drops this in my lap. I've become bored to death with the polite, sanitized interiors of barely there color and French-y furnishings, and then Thomas Britt opens up a can of decorating whoop ass with this Burmese altarpiece.

Has anyone else received the May-June issue, and what do you think?

P.S. Veranda, I'm ever so glad you now feature current content on your website, but please, for the love of God, enhance the photo quality.

9 comments:

Karena said...

I haven't seen Veranda yet, however Raina; Thomas Britt is from Kansas City and anything he does blows you away! Fabulous beyond!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Raina Cox said...

Karena - His being a KC boy is mentioned in the article. A rather clever banquette made of a mattress and box spring is chalked up to his Midwestern ingenuity.

Squeak said...

I love "the polite, sanitized interiors of barely there color and French-y furnishings" that Veranda does so well. If I want discordant rooms filled with a mish-mash of furnishings and garish colors, I'll buy Elle Decor.

Kathy said...

I want to hijack that wall color for my dining room...k

Raina Cox said...

Squeak - I'll buy Elle Decor, you get Veranda, and we'll meet somewhere in the middle over Provencal linens and gorgeous boutis. ;)

Margaret said...

Now you either have "Veranda" or God, emailing you, with complaints.

Where, exactly, does one find a Burmese altarpiece? Can it fit through the tent doorway?

Raina Cox said...

Margaret - God wants us to have high-res images. ;)

The Down East Dilettante said...

GGGRRRRRRRR. I was just about to call the subscription department. My May-June issue is so far floating around that alternate universe we call the postal service.

And honey bunny, you can take an oaken stake, a silver bullet and entire farm's worth of garlic and that damned whispery color, French-y furnishing thing will still survive.

Jill said...

My personal dining room in Heaven!!