Recent Posts

Thursday, May 24, 2012

New goodies from Blu Dot

Real Good Chair now in Copper, $299.

Dumplings, my love affair with Blu Dot has been long and abiding. I carried the line eons ago in my home store. Here you can see their Chicago Lowboy peaking out from behind a Frank-ish sofa:

I'm guessing this photo to be c. 1998.

The guys - John, Charles and Maurice - were always the best whenever I called to place orders, and they sent their retailers holiday gifts (very few companies did that back then). I can recall some cutie pie blue and white polka dot socks arriving one December afternoon. I'm still a fan of their clean forward-thinking-yet-classic aesthetic. Behold my Strut Square Coffee Table in Olive (color no longer available):

Sexy house says "Whazzup, girl?"

ICFF, the International Contemporary Furniture Fair, just wrapped in New York and Blu Dot debuted some fab new goodies including the customizable Scamp table (marble top, please), the Cleon Modular Sectional with zippy orange-stitched seams, and the supah fly Grotto sofa.

 Scamp tables, $149 - $449.

 Cleon Modular Sectional, $2800.

Grotto sofa, $1799, and Pi Coffee Table, $599.

 Now if I can just convince Blu Dot to make their Son of a Bench in hot pink ...

Uh, it's rubber-coated - 'nuff said.

2 comments:

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Whazzup right back at ya Sexy House!
Ugh, so sad to hear that the Olive coffee table exists no more. I loved that colorway. It bridged the great male/femme divide with such distinction.
Bludot is anything but spotty -- some very smart pieces here. And a great Great Room.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I was going to say have it professionally spray painted but then you said it was rubber and I'm not sure how that would work.