Recent Posts

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Karl Lagerfeld's kitten has two maids


Adele-hating Death Eater and Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld has a 9-month-old kitten named "Choupette" given to him by his "muse," Italian French male model Baptiste Giaconi (below right). Choupette has two personal servants who "keep records of her day-to-day routine." Lagerfeld told WWD "When I am not there, the maids take down, in little books, everything she did, from what she ate to how she behaved, if she was tired and if she wasn’t sleeping. […] We have almost 600 pages."

Peek-a-boo!

Lagerfeld elaborates "She is like a kept woman. She has a strong personality. She has lunch and dinner with me on the table, with her own food. She doesn’t touch my food. She doesn’t want to eat on the floor. She sleeps under a pillow and she even knows how to use an iPad."


Lagerfeld does draw the line at a matching goth priest biker ensembles: "No, I don’t like animals in human clothes. I think that’s very circus-like." Even cranky cryogenically-preserved schmatta peddlers have their limits.


16 comments:

The Silver Bunny said...

No, no, Baptiste Giabiconi is French, he comes from a Corsican family, hence the Italian-sounding name ! French men as good-looking as he is are not that common, so please leave him to us ! Lovely post by the way !!

sanctuaryhome said...

How does one apply for this job? I think my life would be quite well suited to recording kitty moods and bm consistency.

Raina Cox said...

The Silver Bunny - Thank you for correcting me! The post has been updated.

And welcome to this deliciousness!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Is it bad that this makes me want to punch this kitten? Yeah I said it, SO!

Squeak said...

My cats are going to be sooooo jealous! They only have one maid (me) and I don't record their every mood.

Annie Smith said...

When will apple come out with a smart pad for us normal people to spoil our pets with, one that costs less than half a mortgage payment?

maison21 said...

"Adele-hating Death Eater and Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld"

you kill me, raina!

The Zhush said...

"even cranky cryogenically-preserved schmatta peddlers have their limits" yup, I love you!

Full House said...

Did you see the pad that kitty kitty's pad lives in? Baptiste and Karl's home were featured in AD France.

Raina Cox said...

maison 21 and The Zhush - *blush*

Full House - I have not! Off to search it out...

wellfedfred said...

I feel sorry for the cat.
I got tired of the Live Animal as (wardrobe or decorating) Accessory a long time ago.

Designers' Brew said...

my goodness, what a beautiful cat.

I LOL'd at Death Eater... funny cause it's true. Your humor is so brilliant.

xo

Margaret said...

I can't wait for 'the maids' little books' on 'kept woman kitty' to come up for auction. And then shred it for my cat box.

David said...

I want to type a bunch of mean things about Karl Lagerfeld, but then someone will say I'm just bitter because hot french model boys don't want to hang out with me. And they'll be right.

Cathy Wall said...

Raina, where do you find this stuff?!!!! 600 pages of this kitty's activities? You've got to be kidding... PS did I tell you I HATE cats?!!! To each his own I guess..

Rose said...

The kitty looks adorable!